Honored Contributor

Re: Something Different for Breakfast

I just sprinkle half an avocado with everything bagel seasoning and eat it right out of the shell.  

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I just sprinkle half an avocado with everything bagel seasoning and eat it right out of the shell.  

@JeanLouiseFinch thanks for the suggestion!  I just picked up a jar of everything bagel seasoning last week.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Knit-Chick wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch thanks for the suggestion!  I just picked up a jar of everything bagel seasoning last week.

Awesome, @Knit-Chick.  You’re welcome!  I also like to spread cream cheese on celery or mini peppers and sprinkle some on.  It’s good on eggs and tossed salad too.  Good thing Costco sells a big jar.  I use it several times a week!

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  I would've never thought to do that. Sounds delicious! Must buy avocados!

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

A little avocado storage hack FYI.  Do you have this experience?  Avocados go on sale so you buy 5 or 6, or buy the bags at the warehouse club.  They are rock hard when you take them home but 4-5 days later they’re unuseable and some always end up getting pitched.  What the heck?!?  

The next time you buy avocdos, wrap the ones you won’t immediately use in foil and press it tightly.  Stick the wrapped avocados in your refrigerator vegetable drawer.  They’ll keep in there for several days to as much as a couple of weeks.  Just take them out as needed.  If they were rock hard when they went in, you may need to take them out a day in advance of when you want to use them. 🥑 

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch :  Costco sells the big jars of everything bagel?  Haven't seen it.

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch :  Costco sells the big jars of everything bagel?  Haven't seen it.

@Hoovermom  Yes! And it’s only like $5 or $6!  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

A little avocado storage hack FYI.  Do you have this experience?  Avocados go on sale so you buy 5 or 6, or buy the bags at the warehouse club.  They are rock hard when you take them home but 4-5 days later they’re unuseable and some always end up getting pitched.  What the heck?!?  

The next time you buy avocdos, wrap the ones you won’t immediately use in foil and press it tightly.  Stick the wrapped avocados in your refrigerator vegetable drawer.  They’ll keep in there for several days to as much as a couple of weeks.  Just take them out as needed.  If they were rock hard when they went in, you may need to take them out a day in advance of when you want to use them. 🥑 

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I will have to try this.  I currently put in fridge when they just begin to ripen and get another few days out of them.  

Honored Contributor

Salsa:  Avocado, mango, cherry tomatoes, a little onion, salt and pepper, hot sauce to taste.