Honored Contributor

Something Different for Breakfast

I saw some avocado toast recipes yesterday and printed out a couple that included ingredients I had on hand.  (I and thought I'd try one for breakfast today since I had one avocado* left.)  

Easy to make, just mash the avocado and add the ingredients and spread it on the bread.  Takes just a few minutes to make.  All recipes recommend a hearty multi-grain bread.

I regard recipes as suggestions, not directions - so I don't measure - just add what I think sounds "right."

I used a bit of olive oil, some lemon juice, some minced garlic, some salt, some pepper, some Italian seasoning.  Turned out really good.  Along with some coffee and apple sauce - it was a satisfying breakfast.

If you like avocados - check out some recipes online.  Lots of variations out there.  Just google avocado toast recipes.

* (I'm concentrating on adding more anti-inflammatory foods to my diet and looking for interesting recipes.) 

Honored Contributor

Re: Something Different for Breakfast

My husband enjoys avocado toast with his morning tea.

Trusted Contributor

Love avodaco toast! You recipe method for simple items is after my own style.

If you're out and about, hungry for something not so bad, the new Dunkin Donuts avocado toast is very good. Sourdough toast, lemon and fresh-tasting avocado. I was pleasantly surprised. With a DD ice coffee it's great.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the idea!  Would you say the avocado spread is similar to guacamole?

Honored Contributor

@candyagain 

Good to know - I have 2 DD within walking distance.  I have a weakness for jelly donuts and try to avoid actually going into the store!

Thank you!  (and I may just get some donuts to take home!)

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr 

Sort of ... just different spices and not as smooth as quac usually is. 

I left it kind of chunky when I mashed it.  But that's a personal choice.

--------------------------------------

@ValuSkr wrote:

Thank you for the idea!  Would you say the avocado spread is similar to guacamole?

Trusted Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@candyagain 

Good to know - I have 2 DD within walking distance.  I have a weakness for jelly donuts and try to avoid actually going into the store!

Thank you!  (and I may just get some donuts to take home!)

Of course, you need dessert after "lunch"!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr  @ALRATIBA  I simply slice 1/2 an avacado on the toast. Not a fan of mushing up the delicious avacado. Then, I add my favorite spices for breakfast. It's delicious and filling!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I just mash avocado on a piece of toast, add salt and pepper.  Put an over easy or poached egg on top and drizzle with balsamic glaze.  Delicious.  

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@ValuSkr  @ALRATIBA  I simply slice 1/2 an avacado on the toast. Not a fan of mushing up the delicious avacado. Then, I add my favorite spices for breakfast. It's delicious and filling!

@BirkiLady   That's how I do it. Just sliced on the toast.