2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup butter, softened
2 cup sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cup cinnamon chips (1 pkg. Hershey's)
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Directions

Preheat oven to 350º Spray the bottom of five mini loaf pans (5 3/4 x 3 1/4 x 2 ¼) with cooking spray with flour.

In a medium bowl, whisk together 3 cups flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and 2 cups sugar, until fluffy, about two minutes. Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla and sour cream and mix to combine. Add flour mixture and mix just until combine. Do not overmix.

Coat the cinnamon chips with 2 tablespoons flour and stir into batter.

Spoon batter into greased pans (Don't fill more than 2/3 full.)

Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon and sprinkle over the top of the batter in the pans.

Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into a crack in the center of the loaf comes clean. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. Remove from pan and let cool completely before serving.

Notes:

You can also make this in two 9x5 loaf pans. Bake at 350º for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a crack in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Valued Contributor

Thanks for posting this (did you post it previously or someone else?). I bought some cinnamon chips a couple of weeks ago and could not remember what recipe I got them for! Thanks for helping my old brain...

Regular Contributor

The original recipe comes from the blog Barbara Bakes........the recipe with photos of the bread is HERE

Carol

Respected Contributor

I didn't post it before; it was posted by someone in the recipe section of my forum. Smile

I do that too - I keep buying unusual stuff to use for a particular recipe when I see it...then forget what I had planned to do with it! If you have extra cinnamon chips, they're good added to brownies, and also add a tsp. or so of cinnamon to the mix. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

oh this is too funny! I just straightened the pantry and also found a bag of cin chips I have no idea why I bought! I know they were for a recipe....which one? And then this appears! I remember the previous posting and sure enough, I had copied it to make! LOL

CAROL1229!!! Hello, Hello, Hello!!!

You are so missed here! We all think of you all the time! Hope you are well! Bless you! It was so good to see you here! Hope to see and hear from you again!! You have provided me with some of the best recipes!!!!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}