Regular Contributor

I love this recipe and am making it today. It's a Weight Watcher recipe which makes it guilt free for me (which is wonderful to be able to eat lasagna and not feel like I'm busting my diet!). Also...I do not have a slow cooker so I use a round casserole dish and bake it in the oven for about 40 to 45 min at 350 and it comes out perfectly too! I use Ronzoni no boil noodles. If you let it sit after baking the slices cut really nicely too and it doesn't get mushy at all with baking ti in the oven. It's the easiest lasagna I've ever made and it's all you need to add is a nice big salad. I hope someone enjoys this as much as I do. There are over 1500 reviews of it here and everyone loves this one. It's 10 points per per serving in case you're doing WW'ers!

Slow Cooker Lasagna

1 pound 93% Lean Ground Beef
1 onion diced
Garlic, 2 cloves
28 ounce can Crushed Tomatoes
15 ounce can Tomato Sauce
Salt, 1 tsp
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes

1/2 cup grated parmesan
1 1/2 cup Reduced Fat Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
6 no boil lasagna noodles
1 cup part skim ricotta cheese

• Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef, onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon as it cooks, about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes; simmer 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend.

• Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together ricotta cheese and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.

• Spoon 1/3 of beef mixture into a 5-quart slow cooker. Break 3 lasagna sheets in half and arrange over beef mixture; top with half of ricotta mixture. Repeat with another layer and finish with remaining 1/3 of beef mixture.

• Cover slow cooker and cook on low setting for 4 to 6 hours. Remove cover; turn off heat and season to taste, if desired.

• In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over beef mixture. Cover and set aside until cheese melts and lasagna firms up, about 10 minutes. Yields 1/6th of dish per serving.
Notes:
  • To boost your vegetable intake, add a can of zucchini in tomato sauce to the meat mixture. You can also add 2 cups of sliced shiitake mushrooms to the beef mixture.