Valued Contributor

Simple Butterscotch Coffee Cake (Linders Back)

I made this last year and it was wonderful! I cannot find cook and serve butterscotch pudding anywhere, only instant. I notice in the original thread that several suggested vanilla pudding might work. What do you suppose would happen if I used instant instead of cook and serve? I did find small frozen rolls after going to several stores.

original thread

SIMPLE BUTTERSCOTCH COFFEE CAKE

PREPARE THIS COFFEE CAKE THE NIGHT BEFORE YOU PLAN TO SERVE.THEN JUST POP IT INTO THE OVEN IN THE MORNING AND IT WILL BE WARM AND READY IN JUST 1/2 HOUR!!!

1/2 c. chopped nuts (pecans are a favorite here, but walnuts work equally well)

18 FROZEN unbaked dinner rolls (the kind that have to rise)

1 3oz pkg Butterscotch pudding (NOT instant)

1/2 c butter or margarine

3/4 c. brown sugar

3 tsp. cinnamon

Grease a bundt pan. Pour in the chopped nuts. Add frozen rolls. Sprinkle with DRY pudding mix. In a separate pan, melt butter, sugar, and cinnamon. Pour this mixture over the rolls and let rise overnight, covered with plastic wrap, at room temperature. In the morning, bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven for 25 - 30 minutes (obviously you remove the plastic wrap before baking). Invert pan after removing from oven so the gooey stuff goes throughout…then enjoy!!

Valued Contributor

Re: Simple Butterscotch Coffee Cake (Linders Back)

Still a family favorite for the past 10+ years!  This year I had trouble finding frozen dinner rolls that need to rise.  I actually considered making sticky buns from scratch (gasp!!).  But of all places, the local Safeway had Rhodes dinner rolls this morning.  This is an easy recipe and smells great baking as presents are being opened.