1 1/2 lbs sea scallops, rinced

juice of 1/2 lime

salt/pepper

Set pressure cooker on high or brown

put onion , pepper in and saute just until translucent, 5 minutes or so

add tomatoes, garlic, olives,oregano, chick broth and stir

put scallops on top --don't stir -squeeze lime juice over all , add s/p

Close up p/c and set for 2 minutes on high

Do the quick release thing and serve right away.

Now I have followed this recipe to the letter and it is very good--- but you can add and subtract whatever you want--it is very spicy/hot with that much jal pepper--I add red pepper flakes instead or a few shots of hot sauce is good too.  I have used veggie broth instead of chicken, or white wine is good too. and I will add a pat of butter--makes the sauce very dunk worthy for dipping crusty bread into. I use dry herbs too. I don't think it will hurt to add the same amount of wine to the broth/stock for more sauce--I serve over pasta but rice would be good too. You will be surprised how good the scallops turn out.

I haven't used frozen scallops in this, just the ones from the grocery store so you may need to press the excess water out of them when they are thawed---and have never put actual frozen ones in, still frozen either--seems there would be alot more liquid added, but just use more seasoning maybe---

Enjoy!!Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

I just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone who posted their recipes.  

We are going to try a few of them.  Thanks again for taking the time to post.

Honored Contributor

I love sea scallops, would rather have that than lobster, but I have never cooked them.  Hubby doesn't care for them and it's just the two of us.  Don't get the eat them out hardly ever either since there are no good seafood places in town.  

Respected Contributor

We love them too but I have never had never been successful with getting a sear on them- Despite repeated efforts and techniques...  But they are sweet and wonderful! 

Honored Contributor

I chuckled yesterday after posting here. The seafood company I like in Alaska sent me an email deal for scallops - colossal and dry, my favorite. They even offered free overnight shipping for the deal. Yes, I ordered.

Honored Contributor

Another thought. Be sure you look for the "feet" before cooking. They're safe to eat but a little tough.  I always take them off the scallops. 

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 --the trick is to dry them first, with paper towels, to get rid of the moisture---I do this with all protein before I sear/brown  it---otherwise it just steams and you never get that nice color .

Respected Contributor

@wagirl , thanks for the support but ya know what... I have tried drying with paper towel many times, and still theymust have water inside because they do steam-  I am wondering maybe try pre- salting a bit to draw water out?  Then wash before preparing them. What do ya think? 

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 --Really??!! I have never had issues with them being too wet after drying them off--also I usually take any protein out of the refer to warm up to room temp and then dry them off---and then searing them---also don't crowd them all in the pan--give plenty of space to cook so maybe cook in separate batches---Dang these little monsters are kind of a pain to cook! Woman Wink