Ingredients:

12 frozen roll dough balls

12 slices corned beef

12 half slices Swiss cheese

6 tbsp sauerkraut

6 tbsp + 1/2 cup thousand island dressing

1 egg

2 tbsp water

Preheat oven to 350°. Thaw out the frozen dough balls.

Stretch and flatten each dough ball until it is a six-inch circle. Using a paper towel squeeze out the excess liquid from the sauerkraut. Mix the sauerkraut and the six tablespoons of Thousand Island dressing together in a bowl.

On top of each dough circle, place one slice of corn beef, one slice of Swiss cheese and one tablespoon of sauerkraut mixture.

Roll the Swiss cheese corned beef and sauerkraut into a ball encompassing all of the filling in the dough ball, making sure to completely sealed a ball and place sealed portion down onto a parchment lined baking sheet.

And in a small bowl mix together egg and water. Brush each dough ball with egg and water mixture. Bake until golden brown on the outside. Serve with extra Thousand Island dressing for dipping. Recipe serves six.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girl  This looks really good! I'm not sure about the frozen dough balls. Are they readily available?

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Chi-town girl  This looks really good! I'm not sure about the frozen dough balls. Are they readily available?

Good question @PA Mom-mom - I'm not sure but will look for the dough next time I go shopping. Assuming you can do this with other fillers like deli Turkey, Italian meats etc with different dippers like mustard or ranch dressing

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

if you can't find them, i bet you could make these into sliders, like the hot ham and cheese sliders, made with hawiian sweet rolls.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@PA Mom-mom 

Look for frozen rolls like sour dough or parkerhouse rolls, they're pretty much shaped like a ball and come frozen in bags.

In my area, Bridgford and Rhodes are 2 popular brands.

Dinner Rolls – Rhodes Bake-N-Serv

Bridgford Bread and Roll Dough Where To Buy - Bridgford Bread and Roll Dough

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom  Thanks for the info! I'm going to go for this!

Honored Contributor

I use these rolls a lot, I love warm rolls right out of the oven, slathered in real butter and adding reuben flavors to the mix can only be heaven, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Thank you for the info on the rolls @KingstonsMom 

Honored Contributor

I wonder if this would work with philly cheese sandwich ingredients using sautéed beef, onions & peppers. Cheese inside or as a dipper?

Esteemed Contributor

I use Rhodes Rolls (frozen dough balls) for rolls several times per month. They are excellent, but keep in mind that they take about 3 to 5 hours to thaw to the point that you can "stretch and flatten" them.