Honored Contributor

Recipe Swap Friends….😢😥….End of Forums?

Check out information on Blog & Forum Page...topbox referring to end of boards on Nov. 2nd?  Not sure I am understanding it correctly....end of boards???  They suggest we go to QVC Facebook...no thank you.  Not happy with this change but not surprised either.

This Recipe Swap has been great fun.  If this is true, I will miss you all and our exchanges here.  😢

Valued Contributor

Re: Recipe Swap Friends….😢😥….End of Forums?

Will miss all of you, but IamMrsG was someone I always looked for new recipes from.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Write ladies.  Write!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My most favorite recipes have come from all of you! 

I think I will miss Recipe Swap and Potsticker Soup the most.

Thank you all for your recipes and posts!

Maybe for the next month, we could skip the "Next Ingredient" aspect and just share as many recipes we can til 11/2?

Just a thought.

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife   I like that idea since time left here is so short and sometimes there is a considerable time lag in posting a recipe that has the requested ingredient.

So sad that this is the last hurrah . . . and we thought the June, 2015, forums conversion was rough . . . I will miss everyone because wherever we land it just won't be the same and not everybody will migrate to the site suggested so far.

Let's see what others think . . .

With warm regards,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

I just realized this resource will be gone too! I've accessed recipes others have posted and I've made. I didn't copy them because I could always find them HERE ! 

This situation is not customer friendly!   Smiley Mad

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom My thoughts, exactly.

Honored Contributor

There is talk of making a new place for us on ProBoards. Looks like a decent site.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

@beach-mom  I don't have a printer at home so I hand copy or bookmark my favorites.  But I'll be busy checking to be sure I get as many as possible copied before the last day.

This entire situation is irksome to infinity!

Best,

aroc3435

Washington, DC 

Respected Contributor

@aroc3435   I created a Recipes folder in the word processor I use.  In that folder, I have subfolders named for divisions of a cookbook, e.g., Appetizers, Desserts, Main Dish, etc.   When I find an interesting recipe, I copy 'n paste it, then save it to the appropriate course. 

You could do the same thing in your Email, i.e., create folders, copy/paste, Email to yourself then move & save to folder. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.