Honored Contributor

2 bunches radishes - rinsed, trimmed and cut into large dice
1 English cucumber, peeled and diced  (about 2 cups) or Persian cucumbers if you can find them

2 sweet oranges, peeled and finely chopped
2 thin slices of sweet  or white onion, finely chopped (No yellow onion)

2 T fresh mint, finely chopped

3 T extra virgin olive oil
3 T apple cider vinegar
1 T honey, warmed to thin
1 t kosher salt
Freshly ground pepper to taste

In a large bowl mix radishes, cucumbers, orange, onion and mint.

Add the olive oil and toss until well coated.  Add vinegar and toss, Add honey and toss.  Add salt and toss.  Season with black pepper.  Adjust salt and pepper.  Serve immediately.  

From the same class at local co-op that the lentil soup was from.  Does not keep well because cucumbers "leak" and make it watery.  

Honored Contributor

Sounds yummy! Definitely trying. Love lentils. Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne ... Sounds delicious! I'll give this a try. I always load up our green salads with radishes because we love them. 

BTW, radishes are great sauteed in a little olive oil also!

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

@Yardlie@DiAnne OMG. Does that bring back memories. Back then, there wasn't any olive oil and I won't tell you what we used, soooo unhealthy. I'm going to make it as soon as I get some radishes. Thanks!😊

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Respected Contributor

@Coquillewrote:

@Yardlie@DiAnne OMG. Does that bring back memories. Back then, there wasn't any olive oil and I won't tell you what we used, soooo unhealthy. I'm going to make it as soon as I get some radishes. Thanks!😊

@Coquille ... Bacon fat? My parents used that to fry eggs in when we were growing up. My dad used to sneak it into the Kraft Macaroni and Cheese instead of the butter when he cooked it. OMG...Best Mac and Cheese ever! 

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

@Yardlie I have some good memories and some really bad memories. Radishes with can I say it, Bacon Fat, OH SO GOOD but soooooo bad. We use to go to a restaurant here in the city, that had the most outrageous Bacon Mac and Cheese. We stopped going because, well we had to. We started eating healthier. Boy, do I miss that place. I havent thought about it for a year or two. Thanks For The Memories! 😋

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.