Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Wednesday!  Ok, actually I am just glad I know it's Wednesday as I spent an inordinate amount of time yesterday convincing myself that it wasn't Saturday . . . 😱

Sunny and hot here but since they fixed the overall HVAC all is well.  I didn't set the balcony on fire when I grilled chicken legs so I am considering June to be off to a good start.

I am 99% sure I am going to sell the car for whatever I can get for it and plan strategic Uber rides.  It's actually cheaper for me and no more worries about car trouble.  I know it wouldn't be for everyone but it works for me.

Hope everyone is staying safe and cool . . . Be well my friends! 💓😎

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

"Let us eat cake!!  WITH Frosting!!"

@Writer with Flair 

How is your weather down there?  We are pretty humid, I would imagine you might be too?

I hope @tiny 2 is having perfect weather in the mountains!

@RespectLife @Writer with Flair @momtochloe 

I am not in the mountains. I am here dealing with a raccoon that tore a hole in my roof and I did not know until the heavy rains came into my house. I had my brother come and close the hole to protect from further damage but the wildlife people said open it up because if there are babies then she will tear another place. They said make a tent  so that she could go in and out.  Right,Woman Mad  that worked for about an hour.   The tent was disrupted by my squatter and now I am open again. Skies are grey and wildlife folks will be here at 3.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe 

I'm so glad it is working out for you!  With gas prices soaring, insurance costs, maintenance etc.....it is a real burden sometimes to keep a vehilce running!

I am blessed with a 8 mile country road commute, so I can get by on only 1 tank per week.

Honored Contributor

OH gosh @tiny 2 

YOU and critters!  Frogs, racoons, bears!

Did you find out if there were babies?

I hope the wildlife ppl take care of you AND them!

That happened to my niece's house...in DOWNTOWN Philly!!  3 Story giant house like on TV and they got in the third floor and had babies.  They wouldn't help them until the babies were X amount old...then they finally came and relocated them.

They sadly did a lot of damage up there!

Hope it works out better for you!

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

OH gosh @tiny 2 

That happened to my niece's house...in DOWNTOWN Philly!!  3 Story giant house like on TV and they got in the third floor and had babies.  They wouldn't help them until the babies were X amount old...then they finally came and relocated them.

@RespectLife  I am not going to do that. There is no way that I am going to keep my house open to rain damage etc. I have been here for 34 years in heavy woods and many raccoons and never had one to get in my attic.

Respected Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

OH gosh @tiny 2 

@RespectLife  I am not going to do that. There is no way that I am going to keep my house open to rain damage etc. I have been here for 34 years in heavy woods and many raccoons and never had one to get in my attic.

@RespectLife 

There are 4 babies, enormously cute. They are using something called liquid removal. It is male hormone  that the mother will usually react to due to fear that the male might kill the babies. They usually take them and move them. Here is hoping that this works. Rain expected tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2  lions, tigers, bears and raccoons oh my! 😱😱😱😱😱

Were the wildlife folks able to evict your penthouse squatters?  Saying prayers that although they are adorable they are also GONE!  🙏

Hope you are feeling/doing well my friend . . . 💓

Respected Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe wrote:

@tiny 2  lions, tigers, bears and raccoons oh my! 😱😱😱😱😱

Were the wildlife folks able to evict your penthouse squatters?  Saying prayers that although they are adorable they are also GONE!  🙏

Hope you are feeling/doing well my friend . . . 💓

@momtochloe 

I think they are still here. There was noise this morning around 4 am,unless she was moving them. Wildlife guy is coming back this afternoon to check. They will not remove them. This is a terrible situation. I'm doing ok but in need of a really large liver frying MARGARITA!!!

Honored Contributor

Awww @tiny 2 

4 babies?  I bet they are so cute! 

What an interesting plan to get them safely out!

I had never heard of that, but it totally makes sense!

I sure hope it works!

Honored Contributor

Oh @tiny 2 

I don't mean to 'Tee Hee'..but I had never heard that phase b4! 

"in need of a really large liver frying MARGARITA!!!"

Oh gosh, I do hope the noise you heard was exit sounds!  You are in my prayers during this tricky situation!!!!