Respected Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

Happy Wednesday K-Team!

@momtochloe 

I"m sorry your pillow was not what you were expecting.  I did notice a remark on the rug I am interested in, that there is no photo in the size I am considering getting.  I keep thinking why would it be different from the smaller ones?  One of my daughters ordered a sofa from them and I think she was pleased with it but I really don't know anyone else who has dealt with them.  I keep looking at rugs and have found some I like but at a much higher price.  At least this one would be delivered to the front door, is less expensive and I'm not real concerned about a rug that will last forever-I'll get tired of it and want to replace it before it wears out anyway.  But you know those red flags in your mind that pop up-I see a few.....

@tiny 2 

We have a springer spaniel as well-Buster.  He lives up to his name.  Roscoe is our Yorkie and is 13 years old.  He has been healthy all his life but he started having hip problems this past fall and went downhill fast.  All the dogs struggle at times with the hardwood floors but now I think it is a safety issue for Roscoe.  Our family room really is for our "family"-DH, me and the 3 dogs.  I have dog beds everywhere and Roscoe likes the orthotic one under the coffee table.  They have blankets and each has their own seat on the sofa that they guard.  Roscoe has a set of steps to get up on the sofa but here lately, he has given up getting on the sofa at all.  Roscoe was "raised" by our previous lab, Joe.  I look at Roscoe and see him and Joe in the backyard and Joe getting annoyed but protecting Roscoe if we scolded him.  Roscoe would pick on Joe and n*i*p-*e*d at him and when Joe would have enough, up would come one of those big paws and gently hold Roscoe down until he settled himself.  Roscoe would then find a nook or cranny in the way Joe would be laying down and Roscoe would snuggle up and they would take a nap.  

Mustang,

I can just see those two snuggled up together.    That is such a sweet story.

Respected Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@ChiliPepper wrote:

139_Gart_9780804187046_art_r1.jpg

Roasted Shrimp Cocktail Louis

• 2 pounds large (16 to 20-count) shrimp, peeled, deveined, with the tails on
  • Good olive oil
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1¼ cups good mayonnaise, such as Hellmann’s
  • ½ cup Heinz chili sauce
  • ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
  • 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 1½ tablespoons bottled grated white horseradish, drained
  • 2 teaspoons Sriracha
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • ¼ cup minced scallions (2 scallions)
  • 2 tablespoons capers, drained
  •  

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Dry the shrimp well with paper towels. Place them on a sheet pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper, toss well, and spread them out in one layer. Roast for 10 minutes, until firm and just cooked through. Set aside to cool.

Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, chili sauce, lemon zest, lemon juice, horseradish, Sriracha, Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Stir in the scallions and capers. Arrange the shrimp on a platter with the sauce in the middle for dipping. Offer a separate bowl for the discarded shrimp tails.

Barefoot Contessa

Dear Chili,

I apologize for not saying something about the origin of this recipe before:  It was shared by ChiliPepper and not by me.  I am sorry about any confusion.

Chili, you always share so many terrific recipes.  They are all wonderful and have such great photos in them so a person can really see how a finished dish will look.  I really like that.  

Chili, you are the best and deserve credit for all you do for us, my friend.

Respected Contributor

Novamc,

Did you ever hear back from the company that responded with a "canned" message to your complaint?  I was interested in hearing what they had to say and what they did (if anything).  I am hoping (with Respect), that they at least send you some coupons or some free stuff.

For many years, I have really liked "Constant Comment" tea bags.  Recently, they taste like almost nothing--flavorwise.  I did not change how I brewed the tea and went through an entire box (and half of another one) with a pretty nothing kind of flavor each time I brewed a cup.  I'm thinking of complaining to the company.  

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Wednesday my friends . . . Heart

Dear mtc,

Thanks for reminding us what day it is.  Especially during busy weeks, it is helpful to see you creative reminders of what day it is. 

Love that smiling dog, by the way.  I used to know a guy in junior high who had a smile just like that.  (Seriously)  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Thankful Thursday my friends . . . Heart

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Writer with Flair 

Yes, I did receive a reply from the egg roll company about my question and complaint.

It was posted here in message # 37267 on Jan. 28.

Repeated below is my entire post on that topic..  Soon afterward,  I received a coupon for a free purchase of egg rolls.  Will wait a while to use it,  to determine whether another batch is better than the one I complained about..

‎01-28-2020 11:08 AM
My complaint about the weird condition of the last Chung Egg Rolls certainly pales in comparison to what so many of you ladies are dealing with every day.

Age + family members + health concerns + everyday disasters = lots of concern, worry, and demands for strength and stamina.

My thoughts are with all of you currently dealing with adversity.

Meanwhile, @mtc and all of you, I got a not-totally-unexpected canned corporate response about the egg rolls from Chung..........which .......

(1) does not answer my question about whether they have changed their recipe or production process,

(2) probably means they are sending some sort of coupon so I can buy yet another product that might not meet my expectations.

(3) firmly states how committed they are "to the quality of their product". Haven't we seen this movie before? LOL!!

<<<Thank you for contacting us about this. We at Chung’s Gourmet Foods strive for great quality. We apologize the filling was unsatisfactory and will let our facility know. A voucher will be sent to replace your previous purchase to the address listed. Thank you for helping us maintain great quality of our egg rolls.>>

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 

@Honeybit 

Sending thoughts and prayers for our friends and family in the south as so many are getting pounded with rather violent weather.  Be safe my friends and take care!  Heart

Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

It's after midnight and i am tired.  I'm about 10 pages behind at this point and promise to catch up.  

I do have a question-has anyone purchased from Wayfair?  I am needing an area rug for our family room.  Roscoe, our Yorkie is having severe problems with his hip joints.  He has gone for 8 adequin (sp?) injections to help with the pain but is still having problems with his hind legs folding up on him.  Other than the joint problem, he is in good health and I am NOT ready to say goodbye to him.  We have hardwood floors and he has problems with them so I think an area rug would benefit him a lot.  I have not dealt with Wayfair but have read wonderful reviews of their service.   Any advice from you all with dealing with them?  They have the perfect rug for what I am looking for.  

@mustang66lady 

I have never ordered from them but my sister has and still does.  Rugs esp!

She has had no problems.

Honored Contributor

It's a snowy Thursday but I am still thankful it isn't a BLIZZARD Thursday.

Had to put the heeled shooties away for a few days and join the world of real boots that people wear!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Slightly Snowy Saturday Friday my friends . . . Smiley Happy

As you can tell my morning is off to a flying start (whatever day this is!)  Smiley LOL