Honored Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Souper Sunday my friends . . . Heart

eta:  Happy Souper Stinky Sunday . . . we have entered the stinky fall leaves portion of the season around here . . . ewwwwwwwwwwwww, so gross.  It's supposed to snow tonight, good.

Honored Contributor

Okay, the upside to the stinky leaves is that they have fallen to the ground so I can now see my beloved four legged friends happily taking their walks around the neighborhood.  You can just feel the joy radiating off of them as they sniff every square inch of their path . . . Heart

Although I am surprised to see that some of the dads have embraced the "It's ok to wear jammy bottoms" in public . . . hee!

Honored Contributor

Ok, that stinkbomb HOA that rules around here told me I cannot have a dog, cat or bird but they did not mention I couldn't have a capybara and based on this video I think would be a perfect companion for me as we are both methodical and obedient:

https://twitter.com/DickKingSmith/status/1193451054253387776

Esteemed Contributor

Good morning @momtochloe  and the K-Team.

We have sun right now but don't know if that will last the day or not.  DH is getting ready to head over to MO.  They have a team activity today-the last one of the season-they are going paintballing.  I have a feeling DH will just observe.  At least I hope that is all he does.  He is still on blood thinners from his heart attack and bruises very easily.  If he participates, he going to look like he was beaten with a hammer.  

Anyone got anything good cooking today?  

Honored Contributor

Hee @mustang66lady  for me today is "Clean out the fridge as I seem to be missing a lot of storage containers oh there they are in the fridge" day.  Goodness I can hoard food like nobody's business!

I hear you about DH and blood thinners.  My dad was on them for years and he always looked like a victim of elder abuse so I so hope DH stays on the sidelines today my friend . . . Heart

Be well everybody!

Honored Contributor

Good evening Ladies!

Just got done picking up outside a bit, covering the a/c, getting the snow brushes & snow shovels ready since we are supposed to get a storm tomorrow evening.

On to the laundry now.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Snowy Monday and I would also like to recognize and thank our brave men in women in uniform on this Veterans Day.  Bless you all!  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Snowy Monday to All!

We are having quite the snowfall this morning.  We have a solid inch and it is still coming down hard.  Looks like Christmas, not Thanksgiving. 

I'm going to write out my Thanksgiving menu today and then list ingredients to make each dish so I will be ready to get what I need without extra trips to the store.  And I think I am going to put a pot of soup on for dinner tonight.  Can't decide between chicken vegetable or Brunswick stew but it's going to be some kind of chicken soup.  What is everyone else up to and is it snowing where you live?

Honored Contributor

Hi dear friends!

Thank you all so much for the prayers and well wishes for DH.  His surgery went well.

They put a nerve block right in the leg which lasts for a couple days.

It has now worn out and WOWZA, he is a bit hurting today!

He will have to be patient as @mustang66lady can attest, it is a long recovery!

Kinda coming and going here at work and home to care for him, fill up his ice machine etc.

Hugs to all and hope you are well!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We went to an eye doctor appointments this morning and stopped by a Ross on the way home.  I got a beautiful Calvin Klein faux suede dress in a deep forest green color (Malachite).  The quality is outstanding and the price definitely was right.  It retailed for $139.00 and Ross had it for $39.99!      

The dress in the picture below has petal sleeves but the one I bought had almost elbow length puff sleeves--which I liked considerably better.  It was amazingly flattering.  I think I found my Christmas dress.

Ross has it in Malachite (dark forest green), black, navy, and a beautiful burgundy color.

It has a bright gold back zipper--which I don't like very much.  It can easily be remedied by my tailor lady replacing it with a regular dark green zipper.  Even with the cost of removing the zipper and replacing it, this dress is still a very good bargain, IMHO.

CALVIN-KLEIN-WOMEN-039-S-PUFF-PLEATED-SLIT-SHORT-SLEEVE-SHEATH-DRESS-SIZE-6