Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Much Less Wet Wednesday my friends . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Hiya @mustang66lady, how's your knee feeling today?  Still getting better since your tumble?  Take care my friend . . . Heart

See the source image

Honored Contributor

Good morning K-Team!!!

Happy, happy Wonderful Wednesday!!!

Honored Contributor

Crazy busy day so far!  Blech!  @ChiliPepper and I really don't like it when we have to work at work!

@VaBelle35

I'm so glad to hear your Kid's Day went well!  Good job!

Well, our landscaping project is just about complete.  The landscaping is anyways....came out really nice.  Expensive, but really nice.  Next we have to redo the lawn!

Honored Contributor

Oh no @ChiliPepper, did you see Aldi has their portable ice maker back again:

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Hiya @mustang66lady, how's your knee feeling today?  Still getting better since your tumble?  Take care my friend . . . Heart

See the source image

@momtochloe

Rough nite last nite my friend.  I think it was the storms that came thru-I ached all over and couldn't sleep.  Better today so far.  The nurse just left-she removed the staples from my knee but I think 3 or 4 of them had become more like body piercings than surgical staples!  Yikes they had a bite!  I have my knee iced down and elevated for now.  

Didn't you want the acacia wood cutting boards with the trough from Aldi's?   I saw them in our ad-didn't know if you had seen them in the store.  We got the ad yesterday afternoon in the mail.  And of course, I haven't gotten to go, so maybe it's a good thing   I'm sure DH has noticed our grocery bill is a tad less with him shopping than me!

Honored Contributor

Ouch @mustang66lady  that sounds so painful!  Oh my goodness I so wish your pain would ease and you would get a decent, restful night's sleep . . . Heart

Hee, yes I would like one of those acacia boards but I'm not going to buy one as I truly don't need it.  Every time I go to Aldi for just a few things my cart becomes clogged with things I just can't live without and of course I can!  I was laughing as next week's ad didn't show up online until after I got home from an appointment . . . I was starting to go through withdrawl . . . Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@mustang66lady

Sorry to hear about your fall on your "new" knee but thankful to hear you don't think it did any real damage -- so scary when you're trying hard to coddle a surgical repair.  YIKES!  Know you're being thought of and prayed for.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

@VaBelle35

So glad to hear your event was a success and very insightful about letting the kids play during the boring parts.  

I'm glad you are getting your new roof, too.  Did I miss your post or forget-you had mentioned some time back that during a particularly bad storm, you were going to have to find out if the new trees and plantings survived I think it was strong winds.  We have lost some minor branches and had 4 hail storms in one week that has made the liner of our pool look like the Mafia held an execution-looks like it was shot up by a machine gun!   I'm sure we have had some roof damage, too but have not had that accessed yet.  

And any word on the stove?  Tell them I am getting anxious!  I'm sure it will make a difference.   Woman Very Happy

@mustang66lady  No word on the oven.  She penciled me in for Friday.  Whatever that means.

This wasn't a good week for me for deliveries as I have to be in the office every day.

The roof went on.  I came home around 6 and they were working on the gutters, so I went out to dinner and by the time I got back her at 7:30 they were gone.  It was almost dark because it had been raining, so they must have worked straight through the rain.  It wasn't raining hard, just annoying rain.  I will look at it tomorrow morning.  I looked at the parking area and I didn't see any nails.  I'm told they do a good job of cleaning up but they are very overworked right now.

The foreman told me this morning that crews have been working 7 days a week since April due to this storm.  They are booked through Labor Day right now.  The foreman has not been working weekends because he has 3 kids but he said he is probably going to have to start working weekends because it's taking a toll of people.  The owners have been working weekends.

The windows and back door go in next week.  I have to be home for that, but it wont' be as noisy as the roof.

We didn't have too much tree damage in the community.  I believe the landscapers walked through and provided a list of what needed to be replaced.  It was just a few things.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN