Honored Contributor

It's Monday!

I'm ready to get back at it.

Luckily it's only a 4 day week.

The salon called me yesterday to tell me my hair stylist is leaving.  I booked with the other long-time stylist there.  I hope she doesn't leave, too.  I will ask my nail tech where my stylist is going.  Hopefully it's some place convenient for me.

Although I hate the idea of going to 3 different salons, but I've done it before.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Good morning @VaBelle35, good morning Kitchenettes, happy Monday my friends!  Vabelle, hope your first day back to work goes smoothly and @ChiliPepper I hope that drain of yours had learned who's boss and is behaving accordingly . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

Ok my friends, it is officially grilling season at casa mtc.  Just got back from GFS and bought 20 count 'em 20 hotdogs and dozens of hot dog and hamburger buns.  I also have a container of amish baked beans so it's gonna be good eating this week (if you don't worry about that pesty cholesterol and stuff like that) . . . 

Burger flip animated emoticon
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

It's Monday!

I'm ready to get back at it.

Luckily it's only a 4 day week.

The salon called me yesterday to tell me my hair stylist is leaving.  I booked with the other long-time stylist there.  I hope she doesn't leave, too.  I will ask my nail tech where my stylist is going.  Hopefully it's some place convenient for me.

Although I hate the idea of going to 3 different salons, but I've done it before.

That happened to me @VaBelle35

I had been going to the owner for over 15 years.

I get a 'form' letter saying she was going in a diff direction and sold the salon.  I already had a years worth of appointments!

After 3 wks of getting a busy signal....I went there during lunch to make appts. w/ my 'substitute' gal. 

Zeesh, 15 yrs. and I get a form letter!  LOL

I was clearly a client and NOT a friend like I thought!

My sub has been great AND charges me less!  LOL

She recently left that location but took me with her!

Whew!  Finding a new stylist is not on my fun list!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mustang66ladyI just washed those jammies from Aldi and they laundered beautifully.  Would highly recommend that night shirt coming up this week!

Honored Contributor

My Aldi's didn't have the nightshirt.  That's okay, I have enuf condemned maxis to wear at night now.

I did get that umbrella.  Has a 2 yr. mfg. warranty which is good.  Now I just need some SUN!

Honored Contributor

If I could ask you all for a favor.  A very good friend of mine who is truly one of the very best people I have ever been lucky enough to have in my life has just hit a very painful bump in the road of life as her daughter's fiance called off their wedding.  Please know the wedding was a few months out so they may recoup some of the costs but let's be honest that is not what is important right now.  This family has been through and will continue to go through many challenges in the coming weeks/months, to be honest many more than I am not sure I could personally take.  I was just hoping this would be a bright spot for them but I guess this is not to be.  I would very much appreciate it if you lovely ladies could lend a prayer or two in their direction as they are most deserving.  Thank you my friends . . . Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe

Oh, I'm so sorry for your friends daughter!!! That must be devastating for her. 

How long were they together? In hindsite, were there signs?

I know everyone will think it will be the best in the long run because his heart wasn't in it, it's better now before she wasted years on him, better now before there are children involved etc. etc. But she will not see that now through her pain.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

If I could ask you all for a favor.  A very good friend of mine who is truly one of the very best people I have ever been lucky enough to have in my life has just hit a very painful bump in the road of life as her daughter's fiance called off their wedding.  Please know the wedding was a few months out so they may recoup some of the costs but let's be honest that is not what is important right now.  This family has been through and will continue to go through many challenges in the coming weeks/months, to be honest many more than I am not sure I could personally take.  I was just hoping this would be a bright spot for them but I guess this is not to be.  I would very much appreciate it if you lovely ladies could lend a prayer or two in their direction as they are most deserving.  Thank you my friends . . . Heart

That is heartbreaking @momtochloe

I will say LOTS of prayers for them...and you as you be their shoulder!

Esteemed Contributor

Hello Kitchenettes!

This will be a busy week, compounded by the ant problem I am still fighting.  Bought different ant spray yesterday and that dropped them dead in their spot and hopefully we have gotten enough out to keep them at bay.  Rain is predicted for later this week so will find out!  Tomorrow I plan on cleaning the kitchen and making it safe to cook again and in the evening, I have "joint" class-DH and I have to attend so we will learn about the up coming surgery and how to take care of things, what to expect, etc.  

Brother Mustang is in a very grumpy mood and my SIL is having a meltdown.  Have been with them a good portion of the day.  He has a skin cancer that appeared suddenly on his face.  He is to see the doctor on Wednesday to have this taken care of but had now decided he doesn't want to go.  This doctor is retiring on the 17 of June and new doctors are just not coming to our area, forcing the masses to head into the city for care.  For those who are younger, that is just an irritation but for the elderly and disabled, it can be a mountain to climb.   I told him he needed to go before a crater was eaten into his face and while we had a doctor here to take care of him.   I hope I scared him enough to go and to quit acting like a middle school drama queen.  

@ChiliPepper

I sure hope you have that drain fixed.  You are a Jack or should I say Jane of all trades!  

@VaBelle35

I'm sorry your stylist is leaving/left.  It can be frustrating finding someone new.   Hope you get lucky.

@RespectLife

You sure were living right for your "new" stylist to take you with her.  I don't know what is up with some people and all I can say is I hope your former stylist had a good reason to bail out as she did instead of calling or telling you to your face that she was leaving.  Sounds like you are in good hands now!

@momtochloe

I'm so sorry for your friends and their daughter.   I know they all must feel hurt, disappointment, and maybe some anger and all is acceptable.  Don't know what all else they have to face, but we know Who does and certainly we can say prayers for them.  Keep us updated as you can!   

And thanks for the review of your jammies-I will be looking for those nightshirts this week!

Now I better get something done here before the day is completely a loss!