Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@momtochloe 

A souffle?

Well ain't you a Martha this year!

Splain more Lucy about this sweet pot grits souffle please!

Ooops not a soufle but it sounds delicious:

https://www.plainchicken.com/baked-sweet-potato-grits/

Sounds kinda good no?

This looks really good.  Thanks for sharing!

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@Writer with Flair 

How are things going with you and Mr. Writer?

Yes @Writer with Flair , how are you doing my friend?  Where you been?  Heart

See the source image

Hope you and Mr. Writer are doing well . . . Heart

Dear Friends,

To paraphrase Bette Davis in "All About Eve,"  It has been a bit of "a bumpy ride" in the past several months.

My husband started a new job (very good) but then I got this weird arthritis (bad) thing where I was extremely fatigued and ached all over--especialy in a hip and knee that were injured in a car wreck where a large car transporter hit my car (fortunately a Volvo) awhile back.  

My computer had some sort of electronic hissy fit, so I made the change to a Microsoft Surface one which is doing much better. (Good).  

My MIL had hip replacement surgery which turned out to be harder on her (and everyone else in the family, as a result) than she thought it would be.  She is not a very good patient. (bad)  

My two closest cousins have had serious health problems (bad), but I am glad that I was able to be there for them (good).

I am sorry that I have been out of pocket for a while and that I missed Dear Mustang's birthday.  You have not been forgotten but continue to be in my prayers. 

I have been worn out from everything for a while, but currently am bouncing back--energy-wise.

Thanks for thinking of me.

Love,

Writer with Flair

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all for being concerned about us from the tornado.  We are fine.  The Amazon warehouse that was struck was a couple of miles from us.  A lot closer to our youngest DD.  All are ok. 

Hope everyone is planning on a blessed Christmas celebration no matter where you live.  I apologize for my absence from the boards.   Life moves us in many directions and for me, it is sometimes difficult to be present here but want you all to know that you are always in my heart and prayers. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Writer with Flair wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@Writer with Flair 

How are things going with you and Mr. Writer?

Yes @Writer with Flair , how are you doing my friend?  Where you been?  Heart

See the source image

Hope you and Mr. Writer are doing well . . . Heart

Dear Friends,

To paraphrase Bette Davis in "All About Eve,"  It has been a bit of "a bumpy ride" in the past several months.

My husband started a new job (very good) but then I got this weird arthritis (bad) thing where I was extremely fatigued and ached all over--especialy in a hip and knee that were injured in a car wreck where a large car transporter hit my car (fortunately a Volvo) awhile back.  

My computer had some sort of electronic hissy fit, so I made the change to a Microsoft Surface one which is doing much better. (Good).  

My MIL had hip replacement surgery which turned out to be harder on her (and everyone else in the family, as a result) than she thought it would be.  She is not a very good patient. (bad)  

My two closest cousins have had serious health problems (bad), but I am glad that I was able to be there for them (good).

I am sorry that I have been out of pocket for a while and that I missed Dear Mustang's birthday.  You have not been forgotten but continue to be in my prayers. 

I have been worn out from everything for a while, but currently am bouncing back--energy-wise.

Thanks for thinking of me.

Love,

Writer with Flair

@Writer with Flair 

You have had much larger things that needed your attention than my birthday.  I am praying that things will be settled soon and you and yours will be able to celebrate Christmas in peace.  Thank you for your support and friendship.  Heart

Honored Contributor

Oh @Writer with Flair  !!!!!!!!!!!

I am so sorry you have had so many trials but thank HIM for giving you the strength to get through them!

I have been worried about you and Mr. Writer and you SO made my day when I saw your post.

Congrats to Mr. Writer for his new position, I sure pray it will be a job that fulfills your needs and that he truly enjoys it.

Blessings to you both and all those you have been taking care of!

Rest, get strong, feel better!!!

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 

HAPPY CLOSING DAY!!!

Whoo, hoo!

Should we have a party or a cocktail or something????

Okay, how about some pretty flowers since I stink at pictures!

Welcome Scan.jpg

Honored Contributor

Thank you @novamc1   for your kind words on that other thread.

I was kinda surprised it was taken that way, sure wasn't my intent!

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@tiny 2 

HAPPY CLOSING DAY!!!

Whoo, hoo!

Should we have a party or a cocktail or something????

Okay, how about some pretty flowers since I stink at pictures!

Welcome Scan.jpg

@RespectLife, Thank you!!! The flowers are beautiful. I am pretty excited. I'll take a margarita (double tequila). I am pretty tired with so much going on plus the physical therapy. My IV was supposed to be tomorrow but there was no MD. in the building tomorrow to run a code if need be so it was resceduled to Dec. 28th. Now I get some days off. Thank goodness.

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@tiny 2 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@tiny 2  Now if you need any guidance as to how to hang your drapes with paperclips or tying up a curtain rod with ribbons from Aldi pj's, just let me know as I am your guy!  Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy

Bless you my friend, I am so happy you have found a place as wonderful as you are . . . Heart

@momtochloe, This sounds like a couple of tricks I need to know about and have not a clue LOLWoman Very Happy

Hee oh @tiny 2  my friend, you do not want your draperies to look anything like mine!  Smiley Surprised

I knew when I bought this place it had zero window treatments so I came armed with those temporary paper blinds but let's just say I didn't think too far beyond that . . . ooops . . . I recognize the curtain rod configuration from my mom's house (think early 70's which was drapes-palooza) but not very helpful now (put a pin in that thought).  After a while those paper blinds can get cranky so off I went to Aldi as they had black out drapery panels, score!  Now how do I hang them, again ooops.  I knew I couldn't install curtain rods on my own so I decided to use those 70's rods and use opened up paperclips to attach to my Aldi find . . . and it worked!  It's also about 8" short of the floor but you can't have everything (I have also upgraded from the paper clips to regular drapery hooks, tres chic).

Now in the bedroom, I have a curtain rod suspended from the 70's rod with ties/ribbons from various Aldi purchases like a robe and some bedding.  Now that actually doesn't look too bad . . . not great but not too bad . . . Smiley Wink

I treated myself to that Worx cordless screwdriver during the free s/h weekend so goodness only knows what trouble I'll be getting into with that . . . stay tuned . . . Smiley Very Happy

Hope you are doing well my friend and that you enjoyed your Thanksgiving . . . Heart

@momtochloe  Somehow I thought I had answered this. I now have a new place and I hope to see you after Christmas with your new Worx screwdriver in hand. I have had good luck with that brand. I have electric leaf blowers that are so easy to use and much quieter than the gas blowers. I got mine years ago from QVC and they are still going strong.

I am missing your weekly Aldi reports. They have a heating pad this week if they made it in. I have not had time to check for sure. The supply chain issues are having an effect on the finds from Aldi and that pad is listed in the possible did not make it list.

I do hope you have a great Christmas and I'm sorry I did not answer you sooner.

Respected Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

Thank you all for being concerned about us from the tornado.  We are fine.  The Amazon warehouse that was struck was a couple of miles from us.  A lot closer to our youngest DD.  All are ok. 

Hope everyone is planning on a blessed Christmas celebration no matter where you live.  I apologize for my absence from the boards.   Life moves us in many directions and for me, it is sometimes difficult to be present here but want you all to know that you are always in my heart and prayers. 

@mustang66lady, It is good to hear from you and I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas!