Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 

@momtochloe 

I need to did my Insta-Pot out, I haven't used it in a little while. No real reason.

I think I am more inspired to cook now that Fall is here.

Plus, mtc has me inspired to air fry everything in sight!!!

Super Contributor

@momtochloe 

I'm happy to see you will be at the new place. I would miss your posts.

You may know me from a long ago place...DY...as Scout. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

We're up to 742 members over there now, with 2300 posts, so it's the place to be and it's hoppin'

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

We don't have our own thread over there yet, I was waiting for our leader to do the honors.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

As of this morning there are not 849 registered members.

ProBoards is apparently the place to be.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@lil spot wrote:

@momtochloe 

I'm happy to see you will be at the new place. I would miss your posts.

You may know me from a long ago place...DY...as Scout. Woman Happy

@lil spot  GET OUT!  Oh gosh good to see you again my friend, what a lovely surprise . . . Heart

Yes, as shocked/sad as I was to learn about these boards going away that sigh of relief you heard is from my laptop as it still gives it fits so I will begin looking around/posting over there in a day or so . . . Smiley Wink

So happy to join everyone again! 

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

As of this morning there are not 849 registered members.

ProBoards is apparently the place to be.

Hee, I had a rough entry into trying to sign up but I am so relieved I at least have a log in.  Can't wait to start snooping around, I am so glad such a nice alternative was so readily and easily (well, for some) available . . . Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

And I am sure you all don't want to miss a minute of my daily Ninja two drawer air fryer updates . . . Smiley WinkHeart

@momtochloe 

I wanna hear!!!

You are slowly convincing me I NEED one LOL!!!

TSV coming up maybe???

@momtochloe,@ChiliPepper 

Me too. I want to hear all about it. I just packed up my virgin instant pot for the move and more dusting. LOL... One Day I will do it.

@tiny 2  my dear friend pressure cooking isn't for everybody.  It's like me with slow cooking . . . tried it . . . nah . . . I am just proud of you that you are still holding on to it on the chance the mood may strike you . . . Heart

I am glad I treated myself to the smaller 3qt. one as it's just a better fit for me.  I'll be using it a lot in the coming months and not so heavy/bulky to haul around.

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@tiny 2 wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

And I am sure you all don't want to miss a minute of my daily Ninja two drawer air fryer updates . . . Smiley WinkHeart

@momtochloe 

I wanna hear!!!

You are slowly convincing me I NEED one LOL!!!

TSV coming up maybe???

@momtochloe,@ChiliPepper 

Me too. I want to hear all about it. I just packed up my virgin instant pot for the move and more dusting. LOL... One Day I will do it.

@tiny 2  my dear friend pressure cooking isn't for everybody.  It's like me with slow cooking . . . tried it . . . nah . . . I am just proud of you that you are still holding on to it on the chance the mood may strike you . . . Heart

I am glad I treated myself to the smaller 3qt. one as it's just a better fit for me.  I'll be using it a lot in the coming months and not so heavy/bulky to haul around.

@momtochloe, Hi! I have been missing you. Is the new airfryer really big? Tell all that you are doing with it and why you thinkWoman Very Happy 2 drawers is better. LOL.

Honored Contributor

NATIONAL FLUFFERNUTTER DAY – October 8

NATIONAL FLUFFERNUTTER DAY

National Fluffernutter Day on October 8th brings about a yummy and extraordinary combination. Some food holidays are stickier than others. And National Fluffernutter Day is a stick-to-your-ribs-chin-fingers-nose kind of day! Celebrate zealously, then take a bath.  

In 1917, Archibald Query of Somerville, Massachusetts invented a sweet marshmallow-like spread called Marshmallow Creme. Before that, in 1913 during World War I, Emma and Amory Curtis of Melrose, Massachusetts invented Snowflake Marshmallow Creme. And then they published a recipe for a peanut butter and marshmallow creme sandwich, the earliest known example of a Fluffernutter.

Query sold his recipe for Marshmallow Creme to Durkee-Mower, Inc. in 1920, who renamed it Marshmallow Fluff. Over 100 years later they continue to sell it under that name today.

Where did the term “Fluffernutter” come from? Well, the advertising agency for Durkee-Mower created it in 1960 in an attempt to effectively market the peanut butter and marshmallow sandwich.

Beyond the history of Fluffernutter, the culinary side of this remarkable combination of sweet and nutty interests us, too. By layering all the creamy goodness of marshmallow creme and peanut butter between toasted bread, some kitchen experts take perfection to the limits.

How about when pigs fly? Yes, bacon does compliment a fluffernutter. While the combination seems like a bit of a circus, it also leads us to another ingredient. Fluffernutter and bananas! Elvis would cry tears of joy. Lastly, replace the white toast for a pretzel bun and some heads might turn.