Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

Funny Birthday Cake | Etsy

@RespectLife  ok winner winner chicken dinner! . . . awesome! 😄👍

Honored Contributor

@Writer with Flair wrote:

September is a very good month for Wonderful People to be born.  Thanks for being one of them!

September Birthday Cake Picture Only Rev 2 - Coatesville Country Club

So lovely @Writer with Flair !  @tiny 2  I so hope you enjoyed your day my friend . . .❤😘🎉

Honored Contributor

Happy Birthday 

Birthday.jpg

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Happy September Everyone

The rain from Ida has finally moved north, so its about 65 degrees right now.  Not sure how long that will last.

I do not have my car back yet.  They said maybe today but I guess not.  Hopefully tomorrow.

I went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago but they could feel the muscle spasms so I didn't need xrays.  

I'm much better now, I just would like my car back.  I didn't think it would take 3 weeks.  I still have to take it to Toyota for the rest of the work.

At least I have a 4 day weekend coming up, which will be nice.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 

I don't blame you!  I am only comfy driving my own SUV.  The once we had a loaner, I made DH take it and I drove his truck!

That sadly is a long ordeal to get it fixed.

We didn't get any Ida but we have barely hit 70 the last couple days.  Sun but brrrrrrrr.

My sis spent last night in the basement for several hours as the storms ripped through her in NJ and Philly across the river.  Lots of damage, but thanking Him my sis and nieces were all okay.

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@tiny 2 wrote:

@tiny 2  thank goodness she finally left . . . good heavens . . . 🙄

Maybe shapewear isn't the right choice right now as now my foot is fine until I apply any pressure and then it reminds me of my personal  stupidity . . . 🤦

And oh gosh with all this extreme weather. Maybe it would be good to have another place to go in case one gets temporarily overwhelmed.   Prayers for those folks in LA, they are already struggling and now with this incoming hurricane Ida . . . those healthcare workers must be exhausted . . . 🙏❤

@momtochloe 

Sometimes bracing the rib area will help decrease pain, however you may actually have some fractures or small hairline fractures in your foot. That is easy to happen with a falling object. Makes me cringe, ouchie.

One thing I have found about foot pain is hot soaks in heavily salted water really does ease it a lot. It is worth the trouble. I hope they are better soon. Did you like the ladder? I need something like that.You probably haven't been able to try it yet but tell me more about it when you do. I fell the last time I was on one. My husband found one with full size steps which is the best but sometimes it is not high enough.

They are predicting that "IDA" is going to be a Cat 4. I'd be evacuating from there. That is just not something to hang around for.

@tiny 2  what I bought is actually a long handled step stool so I can now get into the top shelves of cabinets and things.  I just love it and feel much more secure using it.  I have a nice three step one but I appreciate having a larger platform to stand on.

How are you feeling?  How are your ribs?  How are the "girls"?  ❤

@momtochloe 

Ribs are very painful. One girl is very bruised.LOL

Respected Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@tiny 2 

Happy birthday cocktail | Happy birthday drinks, Happy birthday cocktail, Birthday  cocktails

@ChiliPepper @mustang66lady @RespectLife @VaBelle35 @momtochloe @Writer with Flair 

Wow. Thank you all for the birthday party. I did not make in to see. It was a busy day.The Realtor came to view the house so I was busy most of the day getting ready and exhausted in the evening. I am celebrating with family this weekend and having one of those drinks or 2, some good food and maybe a day or 2 of taking it easy. I have a couple of folks helping now (normal people) LOL that are lightening fast but there is still much to do. Thank you so much. Love all you sweet ladies.

I could not find what happened to @VaBelle35 's vehicle. My niece stopped at Publix to pick up a couple of things and her SUV (Tahoe) was gone when she went to the parking lot. They have good video of the guy. He actually followed her into the store then left without buying anything and took it.

Honored Contributor

NATIONAL WELSH RAREBIT DAY – September 3

NATIONAL WELSH RAREBIT DAY – September 3

NATIONAL WELSH RAREBIT DAY

On September 3rd, National Welsh Rarebit Day whips up a tasty and satisfying snack.

What is a rarebit? The cheesy toast was originally called Rabbit in a tongue-in-cheek way in the Welsh language because there is no rabbit in the meal.

Similar to mock turtle soup having no turtle in it, Welsh rarebit does not contain rabbit. Instead, this dish is made with toast that has hot cheese poured over it.

Over time, the dish became known as Welsh Rarebit – a nod to the inside joke.

In the eighteenth century, Welsh Rarebit was served as a delicious supper. Taverns served it with ale.

While fondue might come to mind, Welsh Rarebit more commonly uses wheat bread and cheddar cheese.

A typical European fondue would start with Swiss cheeses.

As with any dish, there are variations of Welsh Rarebit. Some of the recipes call for cayenne pepper, mustard, Worcestershire, or paprika. 

Top the cheese with a poached egg, and the dish becomes a Golden Buck. Add bacon, and some call the meal a Yorkshire Buck.

It also seems that humor goes well with Welsh Rarebit. Or at least it once did back when humor was tossed back and forth across the pond.

In any case, the creamy, cheesy, and toasty dish deserves a taste and a smile, too. 

Honored Contributor

I had NO IDEA that is what Welsh Rarebit is.

I too always thought it contained rabbit.

Thank goodness it doesn't!!!

Honored Contributor

So, I ended up working yesterday since I have Monday off, that way I'm not so far behind come Tuesday. Plus, it's OT which never hurts LOL!

I had planned on mowing the lawn and working in the yard today but it has been raining on & off.

Good day to read & watch a Lifetime movie while doing laundry and picking up.

The State Fair is going on but I still don't feel comfortable being out in crowds like that.

Gonna make some soup tomorrow now that it is cooling off slightly.