Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

Oh and ps, did that lunatic finally go away? 😡

@momtochloe,

Oh yes Gone!!!! Woman Tongue

@mustang66lady 

@tiny 2 

I'm so sorry to read this!  Hopefully you are alright and things will heal.  Please be careful! 

Which home are you selling?  I don't seem to remember.  Just take care of yourself, please. 

@mustang66lady, I am really sore and it is particularly painful at night.(ribs) I found some shapewear that I thought would help brace the area but it was too painful to put it on. No way!!!

I am going to sell the big house and move to "Little House on the Mountain. I will try to post a photo if I can figure it out. Sometimes I can do it and other times it does not work. I did post a photo of the beautiful view from my deck awhile back. I may buy a condo or something here (family pressure) due to rough weather, bears etc. Actually we did have great tragedy with storm Fred . 14 inches of rain washed homes away and 30 people were missing but now all have been found. There were 6 people found dead.  The last one was just found. All were from the Cruso community in Haywood county. There were landslides also. @Writer with Flair 

@RespectLife, Thank you! How the little one doing with his burns?

@tiny 2  thank goodness she finally left . . . good heavens . . . 🙄

Maybe shapewear isn't the right choice right now as now my foot is fine until I apply any pressure and then it reminds me of my personal  stupidity . . . 🤦

And oh gosh with all this extreme weather. Maybe it would be good to have another place to go in case one gets temporarily overwhelmed.   Prayers for those folks in LA, they are already struggling and now with this incoming hurricane Ida . . . those healthcare workers must be exhausted . . . 🙏❤

Respected Contributor

Maybe shapewear isn't the right choice right now as now my foot is fine until I apply any pressure and then it reminds me of my personal  stupidity . . . 🤦

And oh gosh with all this extreme weather. Maybe it would be good to have another place to go in case one gets temporarily overwhelmed.   Prayers for those folks in LA, they are already struggling and now with this incoming hurricane Ida . . . those healthcare workers must be exhausted . . . 🙏❤

@momtochloe 

Sometimes bracing the rib area will help decrease pain, however you may actually have some fractures or small hairline fractures in your foot. That is easy to happen with a falling object. Makes me cringe, ouchie.

One thing I have found about foot pain is hot soaks in heavily salted water really does ease it a lot. It is worth the trouble. I hope they are better soon. Did you like the ladder? I need something like that.You probably haven't been able to try it yet but tell me more about it when you do. I fell the last time I was on one. My husband found one with full size steps which is the best but sometimes it is not high enough.

They are predicting that "IDA" is going to be a Cat 4. I'd be evacuating from there. That is just not something to hang around for.

Honored Contributor

Morning!

@tiny 2 

Maybe one of those velco vests for support?  DH uses one anytime he is doing lifting.

Just velcros around his belly and gives good support!

I hear ya, no way I'd be wiggling into a Spanx!   LOL

Noah is doing great.  Doesn't have to go back to the hospy for 6 weeks now.

They do expect the 3rd degree burns on his thighs to be permanent scars though.

He is back to himself, but still has some separation anxiety from his parents.

I watched him all day Saturday....they snuck out when he wasn't looking and he was perfect.  Mimi and Noah had a grand time together!

Sometimes, he cries for them....maybe still not over the trauma he went through.  Luckily, not when I had him!

Respected Contributor

tiny 2,

I was so sorry to hear that one of the "girls" was injured recently.  That sounds like a mighty painful injury.  Ouch!  Things might have gone better for you if only you had been wearing one of those Madonna-Pointy-Metal-Brustenhalters  (see photo below).  

Madonna's Iconic Cone Bra Isn't The Only Kooky Bra Designed by Birthday Boy  Jean Paul Gaultier | Glamour

I gave it some thought and came up with a couple of ideas for how to find a good home for your Le Cruset pieces and other nice cooking items. 

Le Creuset Signature Cast Iron 20 Piece Cookware Set - Exclusive 

I'd try to get in touch with Arthur Gordon (former owner of the Irregardless restaurant) and ask him if he knows of anyone who could use those items.  There might be some local ministries who need to outfit their kitchens or beginning chefs who could really use and appreciate such nice pieces. 

Just to let you  know, Arthur is good friends with Bob Inskeep (remember F. B. I: "Fabulous Bob Inskeep" of WRAL radio fame?).  After Bob retired from radio, he went back to seminiary and became a Presbyterian minister (St. Andrews Presbyterian Church in Henderson, NC).  Both those guys are quality humans and may be of help to you in finding a deserving home for your cookwear.  They both have their fingers on the pulse of people and places that need help.

Also, you might want to be in touch with Wake Tech (is that still the name?), NC State, and any other places that might have chef training classes.  Even some high schools in the Raleigh area might have some culinary training programs in their Vocational Education departments.

Respected Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife 

@momtochloe 

Maybe we were better off when cars were started with a crank in the front!  LOL

Less electronics, less things to break down!

How Cars Started Back in the Early Days

And let us not forget the humble but dependable bicycle.

(K-Team/Kitchenettes on a Recipe Finding Adventure)

A Bicycle Built for Fashion – GBACG Finery
        (Got to get me one of those natty little hats!)

Respected Contributor

@Writer with Flair 

I had a friend helping me yesterday and she commented that that cookware was too expensive for her to buy. I said, not anymore. Come back and get it. I am keeping a few pieces. She took a chair that she loved and did not have room for more.

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenette's, happy Wednesday to one and all but extra special wishes go out to our friend @tiny 2  on her birthday . . . hope you have a wonderful day and that your birthday is as special as you! ❤🎂🎉

Happy birthday my friend, enjoy! 

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@momtochloe 

Sometimes bracing the rib area will help decrease pain, however you may actually have some fractures or small hairline fractures in your foot. That is easy to happen with a falling object. Makes me cringe, ouchie.

One thing I have found about foot pain is hot soaks in heavily salted water really does ease it a lot. It is worth the trouble. I hope they are better soon. Did you like the ladder? I need something like that.You probably haven't been able to try it yet but tell me more about it when you do. I fell the last time I was on one. My husband found one with full size steps which is the best but sometimes it is not high enough.

They are predicting that "IDA" is going to be a Cat 4. I'd be evacuating from there. That is just not something to hang around for.

@tiny 2  what I bought is actually a long handled step stool so I can now get into the top shelves of cabinets and things.  I just love it and feel much more secure using it.  I have a nice three step one but I appreciate having a larger platform to stand on.

How are you feeling?  How are your ribs?  How are the "girls"?  ❤

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR FRIEND!

I hope you have a peaceful, lovely day!

Treat yourself to something as special as you are!

Honored Contributor

@Writer with Flair 

That pic of Madonna is hysterical and EXACTLY why I turned off music in the 80's, never to return!  LOL