Honored Contributor

Just sending in reinforcements should our friend @tiny 2  need a hand this week:

Thinking good thoughts and sending healing prayers my friend . . . Heart

Honored Contributor

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY K-TEAM!

8 years ago today a delicious SOUP recipe was posted and 8 years of friendships began!!

It is my true blessing to be a part of this Thread and all of your lives!

I thank QVC for allowing us this opportunity!

I thank HIM for putting it on @mustang66lady mind to post this recipe never knowing just how important it would be come to all of us!

May HE bless us for another 8 years!

Now who has a recipe for a new Soup??  LOL

(((K-Team)))

Respected Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY K-TEAM!

8 years ago today a delicious SOUP recipe was posted and 8 years of friendships began!!

It is my true blessing to be a part of this Thread and all of your lives!

I thank QVC for allowing us this opportunity!

I thank HIM for putting it on @mustang66lady mind to post this recipe never knowing just how important it would be come to all of us!

May HE bless us for another 8 years!

(((K-Team)))

Respect,

Thanks so much for reminding us of the significance of this day.  God bless you, Respect, for remembering it, Mustang for creating this post, and mtc, Chili, tiny 2, VaBelle, novamc, and all the other wonderful Kitchenettes/K-Team Members who have blessed our lives through this post.

Honored Contributor

Oh yes happy anniversary Kitchenettes and many, many more!  How lucky I am to have you all in my life.  @mustang66lady , thank you so much my friend! 💓

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2  hope you are home and doing ok my friend . . . 💓

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
@RespectLife wrote:

(((K-Team)))

Respect,

How about a recipe for an OLD soup?  When I was a very small child, Captain Kangaroo had the book, "Stone Soup" read on his program.

Stone Soup (Aladdin Picture Books): Brown, Marcia, Brown, Marcia:  9780689711039: Amazon.com: Books

As I recall, there was a man who boasted that he could make a soup using only clean stones and water.  The people in his village were intrigued and were eager to see him make this miraculous soup. 

After he got a pot of water cooking over a fire, the man added the clean stones to it.  I think he tasted it and then remarked that it was good but would be so much better if he only had some carrots to add to the soup.  One of the villagers brought back some carrots which he put in the soup pot. 

After the soup cooked at bit, the man said that the soup was good but it would be so much better if it had a little cabbage to add to the pot.  Another villager went and got some cabbage which was added to the soup.

One by one, additional ingredients were donated to the soup by other villagers.

I forget what all was added to the pot, but it apparently turned out to be delicious.  I think that Captain Kangaroo told us that the point of the story was that if people would work together and help each other, they could accomplish much more together than they ever could on their own.

The Captain did not provide a recipe for Stone Soup, but I came across Dolly Parton's recipe for Stone Soup, so I will share that.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/home-and-family/recipes/dolly-partons-stone-soup 

Stone Soup.png

Somehow, Stone Soup seems appropriate to the Kitchenettes/K-Team forum.  Through supporting and praying for each other and sharing recipes, tips, recommendations, and ideas, we have all been able to do more by joining forces on this forum than we ever could have by ourselves. 

Thank you all and especially Mustang for making this happen.

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@tiny 2  hey, you tell Nurse Ratchet if you want a honey bun then a honey bun you shall have! 💓😄😉

Thinking the very best thoughts and sending prayers that tomorrow will be extremely routine and that you return home safely and with a large box of said honey buns Honey bun . . . 🙏😉😍😘🙏

@momtochloe @Writer with Flair @RespectLife 

I knew I was going to have to be proactive regarding the Honeybun issue and there is a stash n the back of my SUV. LOLWoman Very Happy So far things are much better than the first time. I am really tired and sleepy but have not experienced the terrible dizziness. I do have some tingling in my fingers on the left again but nothing like before.

Happy Birthday to the Potsticker Soup Thread and Thanks to @mustang66lady   for starting it.Heart

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tiny 2 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@tiny 2  hey, you tell Nurse Ratchet if you want a honey bun then a honey bun you shall have! 💓😄😉

Thinking the very best thoughts and sending prayers that tomorrow will be extremely routine and that you return home safely and with a large box of said honey buns Honey bun . . . 🙏😉😍😘🙏

I knew I was going to have to be proactive regarding the Honeybun issue and there is a stash n the back of my SUV. LOLWoman Very Happy So far things are much better than the first time. I am really tired and sleepy but have not experienced the terrible dizziness. I do have some tingling in my fingers on the left again but nothing like before.

Happy Birthday to the Potsticker Soup Thread and Thanks to @mustang66lady   for starting it.Heart

Dear tiny 2,

How wonderful to hear that you are doing so much better with this second dose of the vaccine!  Feel free to indulge in that/those Honeybun(s).  You certainly deserve it!

Honey Bun GIFs | Tenor

Remember what Iris Apfel always says: "More is more and less is a bore."

Honey Buns - Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt  Honey Buns - Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt  Honey Buns - Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tiny 2 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@tiny 2  so to recap, you are well stocked with Honey buns and so far your side effects are more tolerable then last time (thank God!) . . . Then today is a good day my friend . . . Heart

Hope you have a wonderful and peaceful evening! 💓

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@tiny 2 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@tiny 2  so to recap, you are well stocked with Honey buns and so far your side effects are making by more tolerable then last time (thank God!) . . . Then today is a good day my friend . . . 

@momtochloe 

Yes, a great day.