Honored Contributor

@momtochloe 

Yes, I watched it! It was awesome huh?!!!

There are some odd birds there this year LOL!

I thought it was a tough challenge to start off. Might have been nice to see a normal challenge at first rather than an interpretation challenge. I guess they are supposed to be the best of the best though so they had them dive right into it.

I'm not sure how I feel about the new host, so far she doesn't grab me & I don't know why. I will give her a chance though, maybe I'll warm up to her.

That girl that got voted off seemed like a snotty little thing to me!

Honored Contributor

Hee @ChiliPepper between the I don't sleep in a twin bed to these fabrics aren't expensive enough for me I couldn't wait for her and her faux bedazzled camo to sashay out of there!

Respected Contributor

At some point in the past couple of weeks, I saw a set of tritan storage containers at Costco.  Woulda gotten a set except I didn't need the sizes in the set.

Costco might still have these for sale if you're a member and you want some.

Esteemed Contributor

Hello K-Team,

I have been back from getting my injections since 9.  Just trying to rest, ice my back for 15 minutes every hour.   This round of injections was rough.  I believe I got injections in a different area of my back this time.  Am hoping it does much better. 

Those winds last night-WOW!   On the news, they showed a suburb of St. Louis called Maplewood-it's where we used to go when we still purchased from Penzey's as their store is there.  Huge big mature trees had fallen everywhere.  On houses and blocking streets-it looked like a war zone.   Not the destruction of a tornado but close enough.

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe 

@ChiliPepper 

@novamc1 

I don't know what has come over me, but find I have a strange facination for glass containers lately.   I use Mason jars a lot for storage, but would like some rectangular glass containers for the reason @ChiliPepper  likes her Rubbermaid-they stack neatly in the refrigerator.  I have a few of the old pyrex storage bowls with glass lids that I use often, but would like them better if those lids snapped tighter and the container was a rectangle or even a square.  

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@tiny 2 wrote:

@momtochloe@mustang66lady @ChiliPepper @VaBelle35 , Did you see that Hallmark cut ties with LL?

They got ditched by Sephora too.  I hope photoshopping their daughter into a crew setting and shelling out 500k was worth it because this looks like a pain that going to linger a long time.  Oh and for the trifecta the daughter finds out the scandal has broken wide open while on the Chairman of USC's Board of Trustee yacht in the Bahamas as a guest . . . oy.

@momtochloe, It needs to be a pain that lingers a long time. I read on the other thread that they were going to allow the students to finish out the year and then discharge them for not meeting the academic standard for admission.

@tiny 2  I have less than zero percent sympathy for LL and her family.  The more I read, the less I care and the angrier I start to get again.  I cannot believe what they have done to their entire family at such a cost both financially and now reputation wise for two girls that didn't want to go to USC in the first place.  The family has announced that the girls will not be returning to USC this year because they are worried about bullying.  Please.

Respected Contributor

@mustang66lady 

To answer your question about the ages of my L&L............I have many, both old and very new.  Notice no difference in them, other than maybe the flaps (latches) on the newer ones seem a little more fragile.

So far, however, I've never had a L&L break or warp.  The only latch that has broken off was on the lid of a small glass container that I was using as a butter dish.  I dropped it on the floor and it popped right off. Even with only three sides sealed,  I still use that container (Pyrex or Glass Lock is the brand name, I think).

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @novamc1 .   I purchased tons of LnL when it first came out and have only had one tab partially break on one bowl.  I have had two bowls that stained but think that was my fault.  I also outfitted oldest DD's kitchen with a lot of the "early" LnL and some of the first Temptations.   She has had no issues with either.   I did instruct her to throw out any Temptations that chipped, cracked or crazed or just use it for holding decorative items.  

I have read several complaints about LnL and I think they were all addressing the newer versions, stating they didn't think the containers were as sturdy as the earlier versions and that the tabs had a reputation of breaking easily.  The newest addition was the glass 9x13 dish.   Have only used it a few times with my only complaint is that dish needs handles-no problems with construction.

Honored Contributor

Ok so I have a recipe for copykat Chick-Fil-A which I am going to try when I find boneless chicken thighs on sale.  The recipe calls for marinating the chicken in pickle juice which I did overnight along with a boneless pork chop and I really like the flavor!  Kept the chop very moist too.  No more throwing out pickle juice for me!

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe 

Love Chick-Fil-A and yes, there is a slight pickle taste to it.  I have never had thighs there, only boneless chicken breast.  I know they have nuggests but we so rarely get to eat there due to no restaurants in our area, that I stick with their basic sandwich.  

I never throw away pickle juice-DM used it all the time to thin out or add flavor to many items she made, especially if the recipe contained mayo-such as coleslaw dressing, deviled eggs, potato salad, macaroni salad, etc.   And if someone gets over heated, a sip or two of pickle juice often helps more than gatorade.  I also use it in small amounts to flavor homemade salad dressings.