Valued Contributor

mustang66lady........ Thank you for posting this recipe, it sounds delicious! I have read the tips from everyone, so now I just need to get the ingredients.

I have had a bottle of sesame oil in my refrigerator for a few years, do you know if it expires?

adoreqvc........ You cracked me up with your story about your husband Phillip. Boy, is he a persistent one. When I read the part where he resorted to ringing the bell I nearly made a mess of my laptop screen! {#emotions_dlg.lol} LOL.

For anyone who has bought the pot stickers from Costco, can you tell me if the dough is thick, or if it's thin like the QVC pot stickers? I don't like the really thick, doughy ones.

Esteemed Contributor

Good morning CaliKat,

Nice to meet you. Hope you like the soup if you try it. You got a lot of good suggestions from reading this thread. I didn't know if sesame oil expires or not so I googled it and it appears you have stored it properly but it still is only good for about 6 months. The article I read even went on to say it is toxic when it spoils. Others reading this thread may have other information for you. You encouraged me to learn something today that I had not thought about and I will now have to get a new bottle of sesame oil because I am not sure how old mine is! Will date it from now on. Have a great day and thanks for your comments.

Esteemed Contributor

Good morning to you, adoreqvc.

Now don't leave me out of the cookie making, just may want me to wash the dishes while you and RespectLife decorate those cookies! Then we can all relax with some tea or coffee or milk and taste test them!

Thank you for well wishes for DH. He went to bed at 8 last night and slept until 7:00 this morning but has showered and gone in to work. There is a virus going around this area that is making people dizzy, about faint, and nauseous. I thought he may have gotten that but it doesn't seem so now. He never had those symptoms. He pushes himself too much and I think he may have just been exhausted. Hope that is all it is! Hope your DH is feeling better and more like his adoring self to you instead of his "baby bear" self. My DH is the opposite of yours-he will bite your head off for doting over him when he is sick-he doesn't want to be bothered by anyone over anything. I honestly think if the house was on fire, he would be crabby if you warned him! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Honored Contributor

Hi Adore, I just typed a nice long reply to you & its gone! Dang, maybe in my haste I hit cancel instead of submit!!! Ugh - LOL!!!

I will re-type soon when I get a chance. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Honored Contributor

LOL I did the same thing ChiliPepper! Where the heck did it go?

I love this thread! You ladies have made this a wonderful place to come and chat! I get my giggles here almost every day!

Mustang...I'm glad your DH was able to feel well enough to go to work today! Hope he doesn't push it!

There seems to be a terrible DH virus affecting the country! Hope mine doesn't get it. He will rival Adore's Phillip (minus the bell) if he gets sick. Lots of moaning and groaning! A boo-boo sends him into a tailspin! Then there is the gnashing of teeth...MINE, when I have to be his nurse!

BTW-oopps! You are suppose to refrigerate Sesame Oil after opening? Good thing I make this soup often and use the oil up fast because I was just keeping it in the pantry.

Honored Contributor

Ladies, quick - hide your bells!!!

Respected Contributor

ChiliPepper and RespectLife,

You both must type into your own word processing program, then leave it alone and copy and and paste the information into your QVC post.

As of late I have lost so many long recipes I typed for others.....and that really annoyed me royally, so now I use my word processing program and then copy and paste directly into my QVC post.....if it gets lost by QVC and does not post for some reason, I can again copy and paste without retyping.

ChiliPepper, You do not have to type again, as I know you read my replySmile.

Respected Contributor
On 3/11/2015 RespectLife said:

LOL I did the same thing ChiliPepper! Where the heck did it go?

I love this thread! You ladies have made this a wonderful place to come and chat! I get my giggles here almost every day!

Mustang...I'm glad your DH was able to feel well enough to go to work today! Hope he doesn't push it!

There seems to be a terrible DH virus affecting the country! Hope mine doesn't get it. He will rival Adore's Phillip (minus the bell) if he gets sick. Lots of moaning and groaning! A boo-boo sends him into a tailspin! Then there is the gnashing of teeth...MINE, when I have to be his nurse!

BTW-oopps! You are suppose to refrigerate Sesame Oil after opening? Good thing I make this soup often and use the oil up fast because I was just keeping it in the pantry.

Yes always refrigerate sesame oil, especially the toasted sesame oil. Once opened refrigerate and then it will keep indefinitely.

Respected Contributor
On 3/11/2015 ChiliPepper said:

Ladies, quick - hide your bells!!!

I learned that too late my friend{#emotions_dlg.scared}.

All that running back and forth to take care of him each time he summoned me with the room to room intercom, and then began ringing our crystal wedding bell favors after I shut the intercom off on purpose, really took it's toll on my system.

I had Montezuma's Revenge big time with intestines twisting to boot!

All that from constantly running back and forth to care for my Hercules.

So much for going outside in the early morning hours in the cold without a jacket and staying outside for 1/2 hour........now I had to pay for that male stupidity, even though I warned him to put a jacket on before he went outside in the middle of the early morning hours.

I could not even sit in the john in peace, and do my thing with all this aggravation I was subjected too, without hearing him using our crystal wedding bell favors and continually ringing non stop........Now I could laugh....... but the guard dogs went nuts each time he would do that, and they hated those sounds, can't say I blame them......I hated them too{#emotions_dlg.angry}.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
On 3/11/2015 mustang66lady said:

Good morning to you, adoreqvc.

Now don't leave me out of the cookie making, just may want me to wash the dishes while you and RespectLife decorate those cookies! Then we can all relax with some tea or coffee or milk and taste test them!

Thank you for well wishes for DH. He went to bed at 8 last night and slept until 7:00 this morning but has showered and gone in to work. There is a virus going around this area that is making people dizzy, about faint, and nauseous. I thought he may have gotten that but it doesn't seem so now. He never had those symptoms. He pushes himself too much and I think he may have just been exhausted. Hope that is all it is! Hope your DH is feeling better and more like his adoring self to you instead of his "baby bear" self. My DH is the opposite of yours-he will bite your head off for doting over him when he is sick-he doesn't want to be bothered by anyone over anything. I honestly think if the house was on fire, he would be crabby if you warned him! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Good Afternoon Mustang,

Okay you're back in with the cookie makingSmile.

I do hope your DH feels a bit better today....At least he slept........Mine had kept me up non stop until I lost it and took him for a bit of a wild ride on the living room recliner which is on casters, so it made him really dizzy and he had no choice but to finally go to sleep. Then the guard dogs and I got to get some rest too.......long over due!

I guess your husband does not like being doted upon when he is ill......some men are like that, but all in all I could change with you Mustang if you prefer {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}.

Honestly I don't know which scenario is worse...... what you have, or what I have when our DH's become ill.

I was so exhausted, and I retired my baby bear to a part in my memory bank I shall retain for future reference.

I sweat they get a simple cold and the world comes to an end........and they call women the weaker s*ex......yeah right!!!!!!

Hope your hubby feels much better and recoups completely very soon.

Have a great day my friend, and I keep hearing my beloved mother's wise words in my ears.....Just do your best, grit your teeth, think before you speak, and pray real hard.

Wow she really had it down pat.

She was a very smart, overly wise and loving woman, and knew how to handle most all situations.

She had a remedy and action plan for everything.

I really try and emulate her, but she never had my Phillip and his darn wedding bells....that's a whole other scenario.