Honored Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I ordered these shoes last night.

Shoes.jpg

I have a similar pair from last year but they are starting to look worn.  It's time to refresh the fall/winter work shoes.

@VaBelle35

LOVE!  That is so a ME shoe!  I have 2 pairs pretty similiar...from Kathy Van Zeeland of all ppl.  Got them on the Q a while back...they are suede though.

I really like the perf!  Any other colors?  Where did you get them????  Nosey minds want to know.

@RespectLife  I got them from Zappos.

The Brand is Bella Vita, the design is called Danica.  They also come in burgundy suede on Zappos, but if you google Bella Vita Danica, you will see it comes in a rainbow of suede colors at various places.

These are the ones I have already:

Bella Vita Dylan - they also come in a rainbow of colors, suede and leather.

I have these in black leather and burgundy leather.

Dylan.jpg

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Thanks!  @VaBelle35

I'm fairly certain in my vast collection of shoes, I have Bella Vita brand!!

I forgot all about Zappos!  I have ordered from them before.

As well as

shoes.com

onlineshoes.com

6pm.com

EVERYBODY SHOES ONLINE!

tee HEE!

Honored Contributor

I wear a WW now from years of being overweight.  This is the only brand left with cute shoes in WW.  Annie seems to have gone out of business.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

Happy Thursday everyone!  It's been a busy week.

Not sure if I mentioned that my mom had been having some health concerns. It's been a week of getting her to various appointments and trying to keep the home fires burning!  We had a colon cancer scare but found out the mass they had found was still at a pre-cancerous stage. It still needs to be removed, and she will have that surgery next week.  We're trying to get a lot of errands and household chores caught up, because next week will be getting her ready and then spending time there while she is being hospitalized. 

Its always something, isn't it?  Smiley Happy

Oh, many of you were asking about my beloved fur baby. His name is Charlie, he's a yellow lab, and he's about 5&1/2 years old. He frequently finds himself in self-inflicted humorous predicaments and he's really the love of my life.....tied with my DH, of course!  He's a foodie through and through (he'd fit in here very well), and he thinks he owns and has sleeping rights to every bed in the house. He loves to swim, play fetch, take long walks, sleep, and of course, eat anything we put in front of him (and also some things we don't...he loves to counter surf)!

Well, I'd best get back to everything here, but I just wanted to thank everyone again for your sincere welcome. I knew if mtc was a member, you had to be a terrific group!  The warmth of your welcome has really meant a lot to me. 

Sending positive thoughts to everyone as you encounter your own challenges this week and I'll look forward to reading about what you all are up to!

Honored Contributor

@seattlegirl98026  Thank you for reminding me that it's Thankful Thursday.

It always sneaks up on me.

I am thankful for my job, even though it drives me absolutely crazy some days.

I am thankful for the good weather today.

I have exhausted all of my mental energy writing presentations for a big meeting on the 24th.  I am on 5 teams and since I did all of the work on 4 of them, I really did need to write the presentations (and will probably present them all, too.  Wheee!)

I am going to get dressed and go shopping now.  I have nothing left to give.

The shoes arrives.  They are fabulous.  I can't wait to wear them.  I think I need new black jeans ;o)

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@seattlegirl98026

@VaBelle35

Yes, thanks to both of you for reminding me about Thankful Thursday . . . right now I am thankful it is 5pm and I can turn the air back on.  We have "peak" days that you can save if you conserve additional energy between certain periods.  I personally don't save a ton as I don't have a lot plugged in but I know my Fred Flintstone AC is an electricity pig.

Seattlegirl, good thoughts to you and your mom in the next few weeks and of course when you have a moment I would appreciate it if you gave Charlie a big hug and smooch from me! . . . Heart

Valued Contributor

@momtochloe  Consider it done, my friend! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Oh my goodness I am so happy to add one last thing to Thankful Thursday . . . I renewed my license plate sticker on line and since IL is so far in debt there is no paper trail for it.  I have been dogging out the mail for the past couple of days and it finally showed up . . . score and thank you to the Gods of mail . . . Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

Dear Mustang,

I'm sorry I neglected to answer your question about the upset tummies Mr. Writer and I had.  We are fine now.  I don't think it was anything we got from the hospital but some food poisoning from something we ate at a restaurant.  We have noticed that this sort of thing has happened more in the past few years than it did years ago.

Thanks for your concern about us working too hard.  We are holding our own.  All of the friends of Rodney's mom are rotating going over to support her and her son.  This way, no one gets too worn out and the small room does not get too crowded.  In the beginning, it seemed like it was "feast or famine."  A bunch of people came all at once or there was no one at all.  Things have gotten better organized now so there is a steady stream of support, food, etc.

The problem with the local church was unexpected, but I strongly felt I needed to do something to help out.  I have observed that people tend to feel pretty shaken up and violated when things like that happen or when their homes or cars are broken into.  It was more to add to my schedule, but I strongly felt like I needed to do it and I am glad that I did.

Mr. Writer and I are looking forward to having a weekend just for us with some relaxing on the calendar.  I love Mr. Writer dearly and so enjoy just hanging out with him and talking.  I remember seeing a plack or needlepoint thing a long time ago that said "A good marriage is a long conversation."  I think that has been true in our lives.  The biggest problem we have is staying up too late to talk to each other.  I guess that is not too bad a thing.

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Writer with Flair wrote:
     I just do not know what is wrong with people these days.  I guess Joyce Meyer is right:  "Hurting people hurt people."  I pray that the people who did this thing will come to God and get healed of the hurts that cause them to want to hurt other people.  Joyce also says, "Let your mess become your message."  I pray that God will change the hearts of the vandals and that they will ultimately become a testimony to God's ability to change hearts.

@Writer with Flair thank you for sharing those words from Joyce Meyer as they really hit home with me.  I am so, so happy to know that Rodney is making such great progress and I hope that you are feeling much better as I know you were having tummy troubles.  Take care my friend . . . Heart

Dear mtc,

Thanks so much for your kind words and prayers--especially for Rodney and Mr. Writer and me.  I know that they have defintely helped us all!

I just love Joyce Meyer.  Her teaching has really benefitted so many people.  She is amazingly real and has been through some tough things.  She defintely has let "her mess become her message."