Honored Contributor

Re: Questions about roasted cauliflower recipe...

I cut up the head and toss with a bit of oil and roast @ 400 until it is done. Starts to turn brown/dark brwn at the edges and is tender to a knife poke

I leave out the onion and garlic

Roasted cauliflower is a wonderful substitute for macaroni in mac and cheese, let it cool a bit and make your usual from scratch recipie

Respected Contributor

This was a good recipe but I didn't use the amount of salt she did and I aslo did not bake it for an hour at 400 degrees.  I tossed all the ingredients together and let them sit for about 30 minutes in the bowl.  Then I spread them out on a large baking sheet lined with non stick aluminum foil.  I baked them for about 30 to 35 minutes at 400 degrees and they turned out perfectly carmalized and delish.  If you are going to bake it for an hour, I would reduce the heat to 350 as someone previously stated. 

Esteemed Contributor

I appreciate all your tips!  Before trying this recipe, I had only tried raw cauliflower with dips.  I never dreamed roasting it could be so yummy!  The first time I made it I didn't even get a chance to taste it because my family devoured it.  Thanks for all your suggestions to help me perfect it.  I just wasn't used to seeing the blackened veggies.

Honored Contributor

I have been roasting veggies for years; cauliflower, broccoli, onions, carrots, green, red or yellow peppers, whatever is in the vegetable bin of the fridge. I just use olive oil, salt and pepper, roast at 350 degrees for about 30-45 minutes, turning once about halfway through.....delicious. Some carmelization of the veggies is to be expected and tastes really good.
"To each their own, in all things".
Frequent Contributor

I make this all the time and one hour is way to long and the olive oil will start to burn and yellow on the  pan.

400 Degrees 20 to 30 minutes.  These are florets and won't take a long time to bake if you keep the oven door closed and the heat inside Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have made a similar recipe from Wegman's for years.  Uses their basting oil (EVOO with herbs already in it) and shredded parm.

Their recipe states 350 for 35 mins.  IMHO...her temp and times are WAY off! 

I prefer my veggies not be mush...so sometimes, depending on the size of the florets...I take it out even soon.

Honored Contributor

UGH, I just pulled my cauliflower out of the steamer and I meant to roast it today! . . . grrrr . . . ok, I'm pulling out the roasting pan so I don't forget tomorrow!