Respected Contributor

Not your traditional potato salad...Do try this ...DELICIOUS ITALIAN POTATO SALAD

ITALIAN POTATO SALAD

• 6 Idaho potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch cubes
  • 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 3/4 pound hot OR sweet Italian sausage, cooked and thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup coarsely chopped roasted red pepper
  • 1/2 cup chopped red onion
  • 1/4 cup pitted Italian black or kalamata olives
  • 1/2 (10-ounce) bag fresh spinach

1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook potatoes 8 to 10 minutes, or until fork-tender. Drain, place in a large bowl, and set aside.
  2. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
  3. Add remaining ingredients to potatoes, pour dressing over mixture, and stir gently until evenly coated. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Not your traditional potato salad...Do try this ...DELICIOUS ITALIAN POTATO SALAD

This sounds so unusual and really good, thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

Re: Not your traditional potato salad...Do try this ...DELICIOUS ITALIAN POTATO SALAD

This looks absolutely delicious and you could make a meal out of it in itself.  Copied and filed, on my list of things to make this summer!

Respected Contributor

I make an Italian Potato Salad that is similar to this one.  It is close but minus the spinach and sausage.  I am definitely going to try this recipe.  Thanks for posting!

Honored Contributor

Yum, sounds good. Thanks for posting your recipe!

Respected Contributor

Thanks for this recipe. My family does not like mayo so this will be great for us. Making it today.
Super Contributor

I am not a fan of traditional potato salad, good but not great, but this sounds right up my alley.  Thank you for posting this.  Just a question...the amount of vinegar seems too little for the ahld cug of oil, but i will follow up and adjust to taste.

Trusted Contributor

What a unique spin on potato salad. Sounds good! Thanks for sharing the recipe. 

Super Contributor

I grew up on this ... of course, my mother did not use a recipe, but these are the ingredients ... she just cut up what she thought was enough and I learned to do the same ...

~~ Good enough is good enough ~~
Honored Contributor

Delicious!  Thank you!

Now why don't I ever think to put those ingredients together?  They all make perfect sense!!

Can't wait to try this...I don't care for mayo type salads at all.