Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question for experienced cooks

I've used a slow cooker for decades, but have never cooked noodles in it. I would cook the noodles separately and either serve the chicken over the noodles, or add the cooked noodles to the crock pot at the very end for maybe 15 to 20 minutes. Honestly, I wouldn't put noodles in a slow cooker....I'd use my oven for 30 or 45 minutes and not worry about it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@soonersis @cacablegirl just posted a slow cooker recipe that had pasta as an ingredient.  It was called Slow Cooker Olive Garden Chicken Pasta and was in the Community forum.  The pasta was cooked on the stove and then added to the completed recipe.  You may want to check her recipe to get the "gist" of it.  

ETA @soonersis sorry, the recipe is in the RECIPE forum.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for all of your replies!

Trusted Contributor

@soonersis wrote:

I plan to make a chicken spaghetti casserole this week but since the weather is warmer I don't want to use my oven so will bake it in my slow cooker.  I plan to use the "high" setting for four hours.  Because of the length of time it will bake is it necessary to cook the spaghetti noodles first or can I just put them in the slow cooker raw with the chicken and all of the other ingredients?  I will probably break them in half or in fourths.  

Hi @soonersis ,

By the time you see my reply youmay have already made your chicken recipe in your slow cooker.

However, in case you haven't, I did want to respond to your question.

You can make uncooked past in your slow cooker. Recipes that I've seen call for adding it in at the last hour of cook time.

You need to have enough liquid in your recipe to be able to cover up the pasta so that it can cook properly, otherwise it will come out too hard.

As others have already mentioned, you can also make your pasta separately on your stove top, and then serve it with your chicken.