Respected Contributor

Re: Pumpkin Muffins, Two Ingredients

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs   It's interesting to me that you should ask about stickiness, as my last batch turned out the same way.  I just thought they were under-baked.  I like to rewarm a muffin in the microwave, so that took care of it.  

Now I'm wondering if there's been a change in the formulation of the cake mix that would cause this.  Anyone have thoughts?  

Edited to add:  I don't remember that I did this, but packing muffins for storage before they are thoroughly cooled can cause stickiness.  They can 'steam' themselves (for lack of a better description.)  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG ....hmmm about the stickiness, glad it was not just me.... but I also warmed one in the microwave and it was still a bit sticky..the flavor is good, it just bugs me a little......

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  and @IamMrsG  I think they do come out kind of sticky. Also, the muffin's only last about 4 days without refrigeration before getting moldy. I would definitely refrigerate.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom ...I froze the batch I made..dh won't eat them and if I freeze them they last longer....the stickness. does bother me.

Frequent Contributor

These are good with a chocolate cake mix, too! I like to add some chocolate chips. They are a heavy, brownie type of muffin. Delicous! 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

3 ingredient cookies compliments of Simple Truth flier.  i baked in mini muffin tin and added chopped nuts.  made 48.  preheat oven 350 degrees.  mix ingedients together and bake for 20 min. 

1 spice cake mix

1 can pumpkin

2 cups chocolate chips

Esteemed Contributor

@IamMrsG - Thanks for posting this recipe. I usually make pumpkin muffins from scratch and this sounds so much easier. Might ship these muffins to my daughter and see if she notices the difference, lol. Mine are definitely not on the sweet side. I do serve them with cinammon-honey butter instead of cream cheese.

Frequent Contributor

BEST RECIPE EVER.  THANKS