Respected Contributor
On 9/30/2014 TX-starlight said:

I always use a pork butt in crock pot also. Recently when my store didn't have any, I tried something totally unexpected & was DELISH!!! I had mistakenly bought some VERY think boneless chops awhile before this,(not for this & found when I cooked them they were so tough they were horrible)( I am talking about 2 in thick!!).

I was in desparate need of pork, so I chose to try the thick chops again. Put them in crock pot, approx 6 hrs, they made great pulled pork (of course more expensive then the pork butt).

Hi TX-starlight.......Lately I too have been buying the thick cut of pork chops and after cooking them like I always did they were tough. Thank you so much for telling us what you did. I have several more thick cut pork chops in the freezer and was dreading cooking them. Now I know what to do with them. Thank you for posting what you did with yours.

Esteemed Contributor

I make mine the NC bbq way. Put boston butt in crock pot for the day with apple cider vinegar and hot pepper flakes. That is it besides salt and pepper and it comes out great. Good as a sandwich with coleslaw on top.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Frequent Contributor
On 8/30/2014 moonchilde said:
On 8/29/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

What exactly IS pulled pork?

Heaven on a bun.

With coleslaw too

Esteemed Contributor

Just cook it till it's done. I cook it in a crockpot and usually start it the night before on low. Then it's ready the next day by noon (or before). We eat sandwiches all day. But, the best pulled pork is done outside in a smoker. Can't compare to a crockpot.

Respected Contributor

You can always take left over pork/beef and dump some salsa in it and make chimis. I've done that more than once.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*