Occasional Contributor

My shopper delivered a top loin pork roast instead of a loin roast.  Will this still work for the recipe?

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think there is much of a difference in the roast.  I've made many recipes with a different cut of meat than what was in the actual recipe.   Go ahead and try it, it sounds delicious!

Esteemed Contributor

@Cavime wrote:

My shopper delivered a top loin pork roast instead of a loin roast.  Will this still work for the recipe?

My husband  seems to often buy a different cut of meat  when I send him to the store  so I've had to adjust recipes 

you may want to read this

https://www.thekitchn.com/whats-the-difference-between-pork-loin-and-pork-tenderloin-meat-basics-213...

Honored Contributor

@Cavime .... it should not make a difference in the recipe I recently posted.  A pork tenderloin (good information posted by @skatting44)  is different than a roast and would not be good in that recipe.  Try it...let us know.

Respected Contributor

Think the pork loin is leaner and thus drier than the shoulder. I cannot be helpful in the cooking. Just don't overcook.

Honored Contributor

@Cavime 

I get 2 pork loin roasts tied flat ends together and roast at 325 for 25 minutes a pound using an herb rub of equal parts salt, marjorum, sage, and garlic.

It's moist and delicious.  Rest it covered with aluminum foil for about 15 minutes.

Honored Contributor

I like putting apples with fresh pork.  It just does something about reducing that sort of "wildish" taste.