1 Tablespoon sriracha, divided
1¼ pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed
Nonstick cooking spray
1 cup matchstick carrots
1 cup thinly sliced English cucumber
½ cup mayonnaise
1 1-pound baguette, split, hollowed, and cut into 4 pieces
1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro

Preheat oven to 400°F.  Whisk oil, lime juice, honey, vinegar, pepper, and ½ Tablespoon sriracha.  Pat pork dry; brush evenly with ¼ cup lime juice mixture. Place pork on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and coated with cooking spray.

Roast pork until lightly browned on top and a thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 145°F, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from oven; let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.

Meanwhile, toss carrots and cucumber with remaining lime juice mixture.

Stir together mayonnaise and remaining ½ Tablespoon sriracha; spread on cut sides of bread. Build sandwiches with pork, carrot mixture, and cilantro.

Mrs. G's notes:  Two variances I made:  Roasted the pork tenderloin in the Air Fryer.  After 18 minutes at 400°, internal temperature measured 147°.  Piece of tenderloin was 1/3 - 1/2 of one, which left plenty of meat for a second sandwich. For easier handling while eating, instead of slicing the pork into rounds, I sliced it length-wise, into thin planks.  Instead of a baguette, I used a Steak and Hoagy bun, and, before building the sandwich, warmed and crisped the bread in the Air Fryer at 375° for 3 minutes.
   Two days later: Made a fresh batch of the glaze, and for ~2 hrs before eating, marinated vegetables and thinly sliced pork in it at room temp.  Also used more sriracha in the mayonnaise for the sandwich spread. This sandwich was better than the first one.  
   One last item:  Be sure to have plenty of napkins available.  The sandwich is as 'juicy' as it is good.
Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Frequent Contributor

Thank you! Looks delicious!

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG 

Banh Mi is one of my favorites.  Thanks for the recipe!

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne  I've not had a Bahn Mi sandwich before, so have nothing to compare this version against.  If you try it, I would be interested in hearing your opinion and/or recommendations for change improvement.

Super Contributor

I got as far as sriracha and since I don't like hot/spicy things I would leave this out so I'm not sure how much that would change the flavor *other than the heat.*

Honored Contributor

We have a Vietnamese food truck 10 minutes down the road that has the BEST banh mi sandwiches we have ever had!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@bcherry01 wrote:

I got as far as sriracha and since I don't like hot/spicy things I would leave this out so I'm not sure how much that would change the flavor *other than the heat.*

I think it's much more preferable to eliminate or substitute a disliked ingredient over disregarding a whole recipe.  In this case, I think I'd consider using smoked paprika (with a light hand) for the sriracha.  Of course the flavor is different, but I think a little smokiness would suit the overall taste of the sandwich (and I'm not a fan of smokey flavors). 

Does anyone have other viable suggestions for bcherry01?