Esteemed Contributor

Poke cake lady...

[ Edited ]

She was nervous and David must be the kindess man in the world.

Talk about making people feel comfortable

We used to make poke cakes when we were little but just thinking about them makes me gain weight.

We loved them

Our favorite was the vanilla cake with the strawberry jello, vanilla pudding real strawberrys and whipped cream topping

Super Contributor

We made them too. David was so great with her!  Glad for her and her family it sold out!

Honored Contributor

I bought that for my daughter.  She has 4 children and is always on the run.  She's a stay home mom and cooks often.  It's perfect for someone like her

Super Contributor

OMG! How many times did she say absolutely! She certainly was nervous.

Honored Contributor

I think the thing that most endears David to us is his inherent kindness, consideration, and humility.  He's a very special person, happy dance and all. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think the thing that most endears David to us is his inherent kindness, consideration, and humility.  He's a very special person, happy dance and all. 

Very well said Kachina624. I really enjoy watching David. He truly is incredibly kind and all of the vendors seem to respect him. He’s always been a favorite of mine. 

Honored Contributor

I got to meet him at a Barnes and Noble and his mother a few years ago and he was so nice and really made each person coming to see him feel that they were a friend. He is a very kind and sweet person, one you think you would love to have for a friend and neighbor. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@hopi

I made that strawberry poke cake last Christmas.  It was so easy to do and everyone loved it.  I discovered poke cakes on Pinterest, I plan to do some type of lemon one for my sister's birthday next month.  I wish I knew about that recipe book, I definitely would have bought one.  

Honored Contributor

I've found poke cake recipe books on Amazon, and got a free one on my Kindle. They are really good and don't require you to be an excellent baker.

Honored Contributor

I was pretty MEH about it until I saw the apple cake, using the apple pie filling and caramel!    I could tear up that cake.

David was sweet.   And if his enthusiasm had anything to do with any money he made off the book himself (commission?) it won't make him a millionaire.  He was genuine.