Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

It was an offering at an employee potluck years ago.  I found it to be too sweet for my palate.  

Yes, the recipes I found included a full cup of sugar - in additon to the natural sweetness of the pineapple.  And one recommended adding brown sugar.  Seems like a bit much.

Honored Contributor

I always considered  pineapple casserole a southern treat, usually served with ham for holidays.

You can find a recipe almost anywhere, it's very simple.   Pineapple, cheddar cheese, flour, sugar, topped with crushed Ritz crackers.

Trusted Contributor

@felinemom wrote:

Honeybuns 3    Pineapple stuffing was always a favorite in our family, so yummy ! I know you'll love it !      Felimemom

@felinemom , Would you share the recipe your family used to make Pineapple Stuffing?  TIA!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pineapple Stuffing?

[ Edited ]

Yes,  had this for the 1st time many many yrs ago in Delaware at  Jessop's Tavern restaurant in New Castle  Delaware. I  have made this with roast pork many times. I use t canned small sections of pineapple in natural juice,  then drain  the  juice   and add to the  traditional  bread cubes, celery , onions and  stuffing spices . It is not much different than  apple stuffing with turkey .

Honored Contributor

You had me at pineapple!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

I always considered  pineapple casserole a southern treat, usually served with ham for holidays.

You can find a recipe almost anywhere, it's very simple.   Pineapple, cheddar cheese, flour, sugar, topped with crushed Ritz crackers.

@software   Yes, this is the one I made. I cut down on the sugar.

Respected Contributor

It's very good and goes well with ham.

Occasional Contributor

I had never had it either, pineapple stuffing, but I tried this year using Jill Bauer recipe... even had it cold today, is reminds me of pineapple upside down cake....good from a change

Trusted Contributor

Pineapple stuffing is a tradition at our house .  We make it once, maybe twice, a year.  Never any leftovers. I use a whole can of pineapple tidbits, drained, and I cut down on the sugar. This year I used brioche gluten-free bread from Trader Joe's and it was delicious. So easy to make! 

Respected Contributor

My daughter in law gave me her pineapple dressing recipe. She doesn't actually stuff anything with it. It is delicious, but sweet.

It is a side dish that she serves with ham, but I think that it could

be a great dessert with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

Here it is:  With oil or Pam, grease a 9" x 13" baking pan.

Cream 2 softened sticks of unsalted butter with

3 1/2 cups sugar ( that's right, it is sweet, could use

a little less)

4 eggs and 1 Tblsp. vanilla

add 1 cup of milk & 2 cans of crushed pineapple,

drained  & 1 cup dried cranberries

Fold in one loaf of white bread that has been torn

into pieces. This makes a large recipe and can be

halved.  Bake 35 minutes at 350 degrees.