3/4 cup light brown sugar

3/4 cup sugar

4 Tablespoons light Kayro syrup

1/8 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup evaporated milk

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 Tablespoons butter

2 cups pecan halves

Combine sugars, syrup, salt and milk in a large saucepan. Cook while stirring constantly till it reaches soft ball stage on a candy thermometer. Add vanilla, butter and pecans. Still til butter is melted. Beat mixture til slightly  thickened but still glossy. Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper. Cool til hardened. Wrap in Saran Wrap. This makes about  1  1/2 dozen.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the recipe. Nothing beats pralines. I've never tried to make them on my own but I might give this a go!

Respected Contributor

@LilBitMissty

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I love pecan pralines, but never had a decent recipe.

Honored Contributor

Re: Pecan Pralines

[ Edited ]
Pralines

This is the recipe from River Streets Sweets who make the most awsome pralines in the world!  Small handmade batches from Georgia!
They have an qwsome catalog, and quite often either offer a box of free pralines or free shipping!

I highly recommend a candy thermometer for accuracy.

Recipe By:MARKR
"Had these in New Orleans and loved them, so I tried different combos and liked this best."
Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups toasted pecans
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 3/8 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
  1. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
  2. In large saucepan over medium heat, combine pecans, sugar, butter, brown sugar, milk and vanilla. Heat to between 234 and 240 degrees F (112 to 116 degrees C), or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms a soft ball that flattens when removed from the water and placed on a flat surface.
  3. Drop by spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Let cool completely.
Allrecipes

Honored Contributor

Re: Pecan Pralines

[ Edited ]

I love pralines, another weakness.  ECBG, one of our sons had a serious girlfriend (almoat married) from the Garden District in NOLA.  One of her family's business was a praline and pecan pie business, etc.  Guess what we got every Christmas every year from them?  Ha ha.  I always looked forward to it.  We remained friends for several years after their breakup, but finally the pralines quit coming. I miss that.  Love pralines, anything pecan.  I guess I was born to be a southerner.

Respected Contributor

@LilBitMissty wrote:

Pecan Pralines

3/4 cup light brown sugar

3/4 cup sugar

4 Tablespoons light Kayro syrup

1/8 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup evaporated milk

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 Tablespoons butter

2 cups pecan halves

Combine sugars, syrup, salt and milk in a large saucepan. Cook while stirring constantly till it reaches soft ball stage on a candy thermometer. Add vanilla, butter and pecans. Still til butter is melted. Beat mixture til slightly  thickened but still glossy. Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper. Cool til hardened. Wrap in Saran Wrap. This makes about  1  1/2 dozen.

Yum, Yum @LilBitMissty, could you cover them with chocolate?

Trusted Contributor

Spix...Hi sweetie. Good to see you, I have never tried to do that, so I can't answer your questionWoman Sad Hope someone else can answer you. Hope you are doing well.

Trusted Contributor

Allegheny...You are very welcome. This is an easy recipe and have had many recipe requests for it. Let me know if you give it a try.

Honored Contributor

@LilBitMissty @spix @Nonametoday @Allegheny 

@Lady Elaine 

Pralines 20 percent off at River street!!!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@LilBitMissty @spix @Nonametoday @Allegheny 

@Lady Elaine 

Pralines 20 percent off at River street!!!

I used to send my father a box of these every Father's Day.  They are the best!