Regular Contributor
/><br/></span></div> <div><span style=These are WONDERFUL muffins...............I don't make them often because they're WAY too tempting.............

PEACHES AND CREAM MUFFINS
(Source: Addie's Attic Bed and Breakfast)

2 c. canned peaches, drained, reserve juice (I use (1) 29 oz. can of sliced peaches in light syrup-it works out to the right amount of peaches)
4 c. all-purpose flour
2 c. granulated sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 eggs
3/4 c. vegetable oil
2 c. milk

FILLING:
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
3/4 c. granulated sugar
1 Tbsp. reserved peach juice
1 tsp. almond extract
TOPPING:
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon

Dice drained peaches; set aside.

In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.

In a separate bowl, combine eggs and oil. Whisk in the milk.

Combine egg and flour mixtures just until combined; fold in peaches.

For filling, beat cream cheese, sugar, peach juice and extract.

Fill greased muffin tins half full of batter. Drop 1 tsp. (a regular teaspoon, not a measuring teaspoon) of filling into the center of each muffin cup of the batter. Top with 1 1/2 Tbsp. more of the batter (I don't measure this, I just spoon the batter on top).

For topping, mix sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over muffins.

Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.* Serve warm. Makes 24 regular size muffins or 12 jumbo muffins.

*When using the jumbo pans, bake @ 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until muffins test done.

**The recipe doesn't state this, but since these muffins have a cream cheese filling, I refrigerate them and either bringing them to room temperature or reheat them in the microwave for a few seconds before serving. I have to tell you...cold from the refrigerator-they it taste pretty darned good too! They also freeze VERY well...

/></span></div> <div> </div> </div>