Trusted Contributor

My sister, who lives in California, said that Wendy's has peach lemonade on their menu and she just loves it.  I went on line and got a peach lemonade recipe, but revised it extensively and made the following peach lemonade this morning. I hope you enjoy it as much as I am doing right now.  Here is the recipe.

Peach Lemonade

2 large ripe peaches

4 cups water (divided)

1 cup sugar

5-6 lemons---enough for 3/4 cup lemon juice

Wash and put lemons on the counter so they can come to room temperature. 

Put the peaches in a bowl or other vessel that won't break.  Pour boiling water over the peaches and let set for 3-4 minutes or until the skins can be peeled.  Immerse the peaches in cold water to stop the cooking process.  Peel the peaches, remove the pits, and cut away the part of the peach by the pit that tastes bitter.  Cut the peaches in small dices and put in a saucepan. 

Add 1 cup sugar and 2 cups water to the peaches and bring to a boil. 

Then cover and let simmer for 6-7 minutes or until peaches are soft and tender.  Let cool.   

In the meanwhile, roll and press the lemons on the counter so they give more juice.  Juice the lemons, strain to remove seeds and pulp. 

Using an immersion blender, or whatever type of blender you have, blend the peaches until there are no pieces of peaches.

Put 2 cups cold water in a pitcher, add the lemon juice, then add the peach mixture.  Serve cold.  

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Respected Contributor

That sounds really good and refreshing!

Honored Contributor

I'd bet that is good on a hot/humid day.

Trusted Contributor

My cousin came over and LOVED it.  I thought it was a little too sweet, so the next time I made it, I cut back on the sugar and increased the amount of lemon juice.  Tasted more like lemonade then.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta