Respected Contributor

Paging @House Cat..........

[ Edited ]

I know your thread about your "unique Easter menu" generated a lot of interest, I wonder if you would share how that dinner went.  I am sure it was fabulous.  You can cook for me anytime....

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Paging House Cat..........

Yes please share. 

Respected Contributor

Oh well.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Hoovermom 

Sorry for the late response. I didn't see this thread until now.

Honestly, dinner was ho-hum.  The sides were all yummy, but nothing extraordinary about them.  I made potato salad, fresh green beans, baked beans, cole slaw and a fruit salad.  I purchased a meat thermometer with a wire so I could carefully watch the temp of the tenderloins and I still managed to overcook them a bit.  No one complained and everyone snapped up leftovers to take home, but I was a little disappointed with how they turned out.

Desserts are really where my heart is and I was very happy with them.  I made a cheesecake with Oreo crust and a carrot cake.  I didn't have any cheesecake, but DH says it is excellent and my carrot cake recipe never disappoints.

IMG_1064.JPG

IMG_1068.JPG

IMG_1069.JPG

How about you and everyone else?  What were your hits and misses?

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

FYi, this is my carrot cake recipe if anyone is interested.  Many years ago, Regis and Kathie Lee featured a bake-off contest and the carrot cake was the winner. I've been using this recipe ever since and everyone thinks it's the best they've ever had.  

The original recipe calls for chopped nuts, too, but I'm not a huge fan so I leave them out.

cc.jpg

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Paging @House Cat..........

Karen, I'm sure your dinner was a hit.  Your desserts are beautiful!  Your family is blessed to have you.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@house_cat   Your carrot cake recipe looks lovely.  Thank you for posting it.  

Hits at my house for Easter dinner were the spiral sliced ham and a Bacardi's Rum Bundt cake.

Made potato salad for one of the sides.  Gotta love significant other--he still wanted boiled potatoes, carrots, and cabbage for a real New England boiled dinner--so he cooked that.  Also had asparagus--since it was on special for 99 cents--instead of fresh green beans that did not look great at Harris Teeters.

Was just a nice, quiet, sunny spring Sunday.  Hope your work week runs smoothly.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat:  I am sure everything tasted great to your guests.  Sometimes I think we are harder on ourselves than others would be.  Your desserts look yummy, am always ready for some carrot cake.  The best I have ever had was, believe it or not, from Publix.   I am not a baker at all except for Ghiradelli brownies (from a box LOL).

Dinner for our family was filets, Flemings scalloped potatoes, steamed broccoli (with sour cream, etc), loaf bread dripping with butter, and watermelon.  We shared it with other inlaws, so it was different for us but good.

Hope you have a great week.  Keep posting all of your amazing desserts.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Paging @House Cat..........

Looks amazing! 😋😋😋