Honored Contributor

Easy Passover Fruit Dessert

Stew assortment of fruits (apples, blueberries, whatever's 

fresh and avail) in enough kosher wine to cover

Let cool to room temperature

Serve over ice cream (or not) w/ a little of the "syrup"

Crumble macaroons over the top. Yummy!!!!

Respected Contributor

Almond Cake

• 1/2 lb. (1-3/4 cups) blanched whole almonds
  • 6 large eggs, separated
  • 1-1/4 cups superfine sugar
  • Grated zest of 1 orange
  • Grated zest of 1 lemon
  • 4 drops almond extract
  • Confectioners' sugar for dusting

Finely grind the almonds in a food processor.

With an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks with the sugar to a smooth pale cream. Beat in the zests and almond extract. Add the ground almonds and mix very well.

With clean beaters, beat the egg whites in a large bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold them into the egg and almond mixture (the mixture is thick, so you will need to turn it over quite a bit into the egg whites).

Grease an 11-inch springform pan, preferably nonstick, with butter and dust it with flour. Pour in the cake batter, and bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 40 minutes, or until it feels firm to the touch. Let cool before turning out.

Just before serving, dust the top of the cake with confectioners' sugar. 

I spread raspberry jam over the top before dusting with confectioners sugar. Everyone loves this cake so I make it just about every year.

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional. Hi. Just "talking" to @sunala and she thought no one would see the Passover Recipes here. Pass the word. Almond Cake sounds delicious! Why are we all coming up w/ desserts?

Honored Contributor

I hope you won't mine me bumping in but I would love a matzo ball soup recipe.  I absolutely love this soup.  I have purchased the box soup but it's not the same.  Happy Passover to you.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ms traditional@. Hi. Just "talking" to @sunala and she thought no one would see the Passover Recipes here. Pass the word. Almond Cake sounds delicious! Why are we all coming up w/ desserts?

@Shanus  to me the desserts are the fun part (what else is new!).   this cake is very good -  it looks harder with all the grinding and the beating  than it really is.

Honored Contributor

You may have better luck in "Among Friends" category but still give me my soup recipe.  lol   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

You're not bumping in @Katcat1, but sorry to disappoint you. I use the box mix and have for many years. I substitute club soda for the water and it makes them lighter & fluffier!!! Keep the lid on the pot when boiling or they'll float up the ceiling. 😂

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1. Oh. Forgot to add that I make my own standard, any recipe, chicken soup....not what comes in the box. You can purchase matzo ball mix in a box w/o soup packette.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus,  Thank you, Shanus.  Hopefully, I can find in the store or check out our one and only Jewish deli.  i like your trip about the soda.  Matzo balls are better when lighter. IMO  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1. Most chain food stores have a "kosher aisle" & you can find matzo ball mix there all year. At Passover, the mixes and other foods are special for Passover & say so on the box. They have no leavening agents in them.