Trusted Contributor
What is your favorite Organic Tea Bags to make Iced Tea? How many regular tea bags do you use for a gallon of tea? Please share Recipes. I use one family size with 8 cups of boiled water then add 8 cups of cool water. Not sure how many small tea bags I would use? Thanks and looking forward to your responses.
Honored Contributor

I use one tea bag per cup of water, but I don't use the same brewing method you do. I guess you would have to use 2 tea bags per cup because you steep the tea in the boiling water and then add cold. I use Uncle Tom's Organic Black Tea from Walmart.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been putting a glass of cold filtered water in the frig with a organic green tea bag (or matcha tea bag) for a few hours. 

When I make a pitcher I use 1 per cup and 2 or 3 extra bags. 

I don't boil any water, cold brew.

Trusted Contributor

@kitty4me  Someone gave me this ratio:

1 Family-Size tea bag per quart of water

For regular bags, use 3-5 per Quart

I'm sure the tea companies have their equivalent measures posted online -- I just never thought about looking. 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you @Honeybit I use a large pouch from the Steeping Tea Room their ratio is 8 cups of boiling water steep Tea 4 minutes remove tea bag. then add 8 cups of cold water this makes one Gallon. Now I have bought whole foods Organic Black Tea and their regular Tea Bags their ratio is 4 cups of boilng water and 8 Tea Bags steep and add four cups of cold water. I like my Tea Black and unsweet. I'm looking to see what you and other do and what Organic Brands you like. I'm taste testing as we speak. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

No Organic Tea suggestions?

Honored Contributor

@kitty4me

This is pretty much the only tea I drink these days - I make it hot or iced.

I buy it from Amazon.

It's organic and naturally decaffeinated.

813tCiuO2UL._SX355_.jpg

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

Re: Organic Tea ?

[ Edited ]

@kitty4me I like Andrew Lessman's Certified Organic Natural Earl Grey Green Tea.  Hot or cold.  All of Andrew's products are on sale now at HSN, includeing his teas.  I will admit they are exopense, but to me worth it.  I also like his Egyptian Chamomile "Tea"  but has not tried it cold.  He has several others teas that would probably be  good cold as well.  I have seen, during Andrew's presentations, where he showed like 6 teapots in his fridge full of his different teas so he can enjoy them cold as well.

Earl Grey Green Tea

Certified Organic Natural Earl Grey Green Tea
There is no beverage with a longer history of traditional use than Green Tea. There is also no beverage with more science to support its healthy use than Green Tea. Tradition and science partner perfectly in our Organic Earl Grey Green Tea to provide a delicious new opportunity to embrace the health benefits of Green Tea.

Research has shown that special compounds in Green Tea called Polyphenols deliver its benefits. EGCG (Epigallocatechin Gallate) is the most important of those Polyphenols and is the ongoing focus of extensive anti-aging research. Of course, our Organic Earl Grey Green Tea delivers high levels of Polyphenols and EGCG, while also being perfectly balanced, providing mild levels of caffeine – less than those found in a weak cup of coffee or cup of black tea.

We use only Single Region Premium Green Sencha Tea from Organic-Certified gardens in the Fujian Province of China. Fujian Green Tea is the finest Green Tea in China and it is known for its rich, yet mild flavor, which makes it a perfect choice for Americans.

Sencha Green Tea is traditionally produced in Japan and is well known for its mild flavor. "Sencha" refers to the absence of grinding the tea leaves, which retains its magnificent flavor and aroma. This tea contains our highest quality Premium Organic Green Sencha Tea from Fujian, China infused with bergamot oil to create a uniquely healthy spin on classic Earl Grey tea. 

Trusted Contributor

@house_cat what does Rooibos Tea taste like? I bought some Choice Organic Earl Grey that is Black Tea with Bergamont Oil and I like it. I tend to like Choice Organic Classic Black with Orange Pekoe. I ran out so I tried the Grey Earl and I was pleasantly surprised.

Honored Contributor

@kitty4me

It's hard to describe, since I'm not a tea expert.  All I can say is that it has a very smooth, pleasant taste - it's NOT fruity or spicey or overpowering in any way.  I drink it plain, and not very strong, so I actually use each bag twice if I'm making it hot - that might sound yucky, but it's a little pricey and I can't see throwing it away when it's plenty strong enough for a second cup.  Give it a try, I don't think you'll be disappointed unless you like very fragrant herbal teas (which I don't).

~ house cat ~