Honored Contributor

Last weekend I made a much requested Beef Stroganoff for my family - a small gathering birthday celebration. I bought USDA Prime Tenderloin (Filet Mignon), sliced sweet onions and sliced big white cap mushrooms. It was soooo delicious - I need to make it more often!

This mushroom stroganoff recipe looks really good. A lower cost option and also for vegans. 

🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄

1E16508B-CDA1-4887-9064-314E7CF19FBE.jpeg
T
his Mushroom Stroganoff recipe is the vegetarian version of the classic entree we love for its savory, creamy mushroom sauce. It doesn't get easier than a one-pot comfort recipe made for Instant Pot or stove.

Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 6 1-cup servings

Ingredients

• 3 tablespoons Olive Oil or other cooking oil
  • ½ large Shallot diced (or ¼ cup onion)
  • 2 cloves Garlic minced
  • 8 ounces Mushrooms sliced (about 3 cups)
  • 3 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
  • 2 tablespoons White Wine or Dry Sherryor other cooking liquid
  • ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
  • ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
  • 3 cups vegetable broth use 4 cups for stove version
  • ½ (12 ounce bag) Uncooked Egg Noodles (about 3 cups dry noodles)
  • 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce or liquid aminos
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon
  • 2 tablespoons Sour Cream or more as needed
  • optional garnish Parmesan Cheese and chopped Parsley

Instructions

Mushroom Stroganoff (see Instant Pot method in footnotes)

• Heat OLIVE OIL over medium-high heat in a 3.5 quart dutch oven.
  • Add SHALLOT and sauté until tender, stirring as needed. Add GARLIC and MUSHROOMS and continue sautéing until tender, stirring as needed.
  • Add FLOUR and stir until it's absorbed by the mushrooms.
  • Add WINE (or preferred liquid) and scrape browned bits from pan surface to deglaze.
  • Add SALT, PEPPER, BROTH, and EGG NOODLES.
  • Increase heat to HIGH and bring just to a boil. Reduce heat to MED-LOW, cover and simmer about 15 minutes, or until pasta is cooked, stirring as needed.Note: If the stroganoff needs more liquid before the noodles are fully cooked, add more liquid in small amounts as needed.
  • Remove from heat and stir in SOY SAUCE, DIJON, SOUR CREAM, and (optional) PARMESAN CHEESE and PARSLEY.
  • Allow to cool completely and refrigerate in an airtight container up to 5 days.

Notes

Instant Pot Instructions
  1. Select "Sauté" on the Instant Pot and heat the OLIVE OIL.
  2. Add SHALLOT and sauté until tender, stirring as needed. Add GARLIC and MUSHROOMS. Sauté until tender, stirring as needed.
  3. Add FLOUR, stirring until absorbed into mushrooms. Add WINE (or preferred liquid) and scrape surface of pot to deglaze.
  4. Add SALT, PEPPER, BROTH, and EGG NOODLES. Push the noodles under the liquid to submerge.
  5. Press “Cancel”, secure lid, and seal the pressure release valve.
  6. Select "Manual" or "Pressure Cook” and adjust to "High pressure" for 1 minute. Note: Use 2-minute pressure cook time for thicker pasta (penne, rotini, macaroni, etc).
  7. When cook cycle is done, leave it alone for a 5-minute (NPR) natural pressure release. Then, carefully vent any remaining pressure and remove the lid.
  8. Continue with item #7 in the above instructions.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Re: One Pot Mushroom Stroganoff

OH MY GOODNESS!  That looks SO yummy!  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG - I think I will make it with a combination of white button and baby Bella mushrooms. The recipe notes state you can also use portobello and crimini. And of course I need to make a triple batch to have leftovers 😋

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG - I think I will make it with a combination of white button and baby Bella mushrooms. The recipe notes state you can also use portobello and crimini. And of course I need to make a triple batch to have leftovers 😋

@Chi-town girl 

WITHOUT a doubt make leftovers!  You could also change out the steak for shrimp or put salmon on top of the noodles and sauce!

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl 

A fave of mine from Carrabas.

Carrabba's Fettuccine Weesie

Esteemed Contributor

YOU NEED TO MAKE A COOK BOOK WITH ALL YOUR AMAZING RECIPES CHI!!!!

GREAT PHOTOS, DIRECTIONS, AND TIPS.

EVERY ONE LOOKS DELICIOUS.

MY NEW THREAD TO CHECK DAILY.

THANK YOU!

Valued Contributor

Any chance you’d post your recipe with the beef?
Sounds great…
Respected Contributor

That looks so delicious!