Frequent Contributor

Would love to have any family recipe for peach bread.  I have a Allrecipes one that I have made, but looking for another one to try.

If anyone has a gread recipe, please share...

Thanks!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Needing Peach Bread Recipe

I would the same amount of cut up and mashed peaches as bananas in banana bread.

Honored Contributor

@sunshinestory 

I make a lot of breads but never tried peach!  We have a good crop of peaches in our area.  Used to have Festivals every year.

I'd be interested to see if anyone has a tried and true recipe for you that they like!

Respected Contributor

Maybe on Pinterest

Respected Contributor

I have a couple recipes from my grandmother. What are you looking for in it other than peaches?

We freeze it in season for the bazaar. It usually goes fast.
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshinestory  I do have an old family recipe, but it's for peach loaf cake using canned peaches.  We always made it at Christmas.

My only comment/advice on this recipe is to make sure the peach and crisco mixture isn't too hot when adding the eggs, otherwise, you know, scrambled egg loaf cake.  The cake is very dense and moist.  You can also use less Crisco.

fullsizeoutput_781.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_780.jpeg

Regular Contributor

I have been baking for many years and have never heard of peach bread.  I love peaches so I "googled" peach bread and so many good recipes came up that I couldn't decide which one to write here.  Some used ffesh peaches and some used canned.  Do yourself a favor and "google".  Don't be afraid to go into all different types of recipe sights...I have found many excellent recipes this way.  Now I am going back to find one, LOL!

Good hunting and maybe share if you find a new and good one you will share it.

Respected Contributor

@Silverfox1 wrote:

I have been baking for many years and have never heard of peach bread.  I love peaches so I "googled" peach bread and so many good recipes came up that I couldn't decide which one to write here.  Some used ffesh peaches and some used canned.  Do yourself a favor and "google".  Don't be afraid to go into all different types of recipe sights...I have found many excellent recipes this way.  Now I am going back to find one, LOL!

Good hunting and maybe share if you find a new and good one you will share it.

look for ones that have comments and read them. sometimes they have good suggestions for subs/additions, etc.  All recipes . com  is usually good too.