Valued Contributor

Need recipe help again please

Hi Friends

I was at the grocery store the other day, and saw a package of frozen orange shrimp and thought it sounded so good. I was thinking I would make some linguini to serve it on and maybe throw some red pepper flakes in it also. Any other ideas? That's the only one that popped into my little pea brain

TIA

cookin

Honored Contributor

Re: Need recipe help again please

@cookinfreak wrote:

Hi Friends

I was at the grocery store the other day, and saw a package of frozen orange shrimp and thought it sounded so good. I was thinking I would make some linguini to serve it on and maybe throw some red pepper flakes in it also. Any other ideas? That's the only one that popped into my little pea brain

TIA

cookin

@cookinfreak 

Are you looking for add ins?

I like to add some crunch, like cashews, chopped celery, pea pods or edamame.

I make a lot of rice, so that's what I would serve it over that or maybe some soba noodles.

Honored Contributor

We would serve it with some rice--probably organic brown.  

We might add in sauteed bell peppers with the orange shrimp (probably red bell peppers).  

Of course a good green salad would be nice!  I'd go for a blue cheese dressing to point up the sweet of the shrip

Super Contributor

How about 2 cloves of garlic and 1/2 stick of butter and olive oil.  and spagettii noodles.

Respected Contributor

Wish I could help you but I never have seen or heard of orange shrimp.

Orange chicken yes, but not orange chicken.   Do you need to cook them and add the sauce similar to the preparation of chicken?

If yes, all you need is rice and an egg roll.   Dinner is served.

Trusted Contributor

Spoiler

@Just Bling, Having not heard of orange shrimp before, there is a very easy but great tasting recipe posted (#26, Chipotle Orange Shrimp) in this forum's July 2021 Recipe Game that might interest you (you, too, @cookinfreak if you don't feel like running out to purchase more). The only thing I add to this posted recipe is a little garlic powder.