Respected Contributor

I have 2 jars of spreads, kalamata spread and fig spread (glass jars) and need some ideas. I have to take it with me.

Thanks 

Regular Contributor

Re: Need easy appetizer ideas

How about some crostini or cracker, fig spread and goat cheese or brie.  It's pretty darn tasty!

Respected Contributor

...or, just unwrap a block of cream cheese.

Trusted Contributor

Put a small log of goat cheese on a serving plate and put some of the fig spread down the center of the log; put some crackers or crostini next to it. Do the same for the calamata spread with another log of goat cheese. 

Honored Contributor

Use the Kalamata spread on celery, cucumber slices, or fill mini pepper halves

Use the fig spread on a basic, unflavored crackers or pear slices. 

Respected Contributor

I've served the fig spread with sharp cheese slices on crackers. The sweetness of the fig spread compliments the sharpness of the cheese very nicely. I use a "neutral" flavored cracker. 

Respected Contributor

Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions. I will give the goat cheese a whirl!

I appreciate all of your suggestions. I was thinking  of heated brie but the party is over an hour away and I can't be sure her oven will be available. She is doing a tenderloin.

Esteemed Contributor

I found a recipe in the Parade magazine supplement of our newspaper. You need mini muffin pans, and I put small triangles of puff pastry in each, followed by a small piece of brie, or goat cheese, topped with jam. I baked it at 375 for about 14 to 15 minutes. It was absolutely magnificent. The salty with the sweet, and the puff pastry made it divine. I had a few people over for a gathering, and I tell you, they were all gone in less than five minutes.

Valued Contributor

Ham roll-ups

Ham, softened cream cheese, green topped onions.

keeps well in a cooler.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's one so simple and easy that some might be embarrassed to serve it.

Spread Boursin or Alouette herb cheese on a good-quality round cracker (please, no Ritz crackers allowed here!).

Then top the cheese on each cracker with a cherry or grape tomato cut in half and placed  cut side down.

Make a lot of them, because they go fast.

I get compliments when I've served this  and always get asked what spread is used.

Alouette Garlic & Herbs SpreadBoursin Garlic & Fine Herbs Gournay Cheese - 5.2 Oz