Next ingredient:  Bacon

Contributor

Re: NOVEMBER RECIPE EXCHANGE GAME

Bacon/Cheese Appetizers

Ingredients:

1 small loaf of rye bread (unseeded)

2 cups of mayonnaise

1 pound of crisp bacon - crumbled

1 bag of finely shredded cheese (your choice)

Directions:

Cut each piece of rye bread in quarters. Place on an ungreased   cookie sheet.   Mix mayonnaise, bacon and cheese (keep a handful of cheese aside) and spread the mixture evenly over each piece of bread. Top each piece with a little extra cheese and bake at 375 for about 7 minutes and 1 minute on broil until bubbly.

NEXT INGREDIENT:     SHRIMP

Honored Contributor

Sweet and Sour SHRIMP

1 lb. linguine or spaghetti

1 onion, halved and then sliced

4 cups broccoli flowerets

1 1/2 lbs. cleaned, medium-sized SHRIMP

1 bottle sweet and sour sauce (such as Kikkoman)

Bring pot of lightly salted water to a boil.  Add linguine and cook per package directions.  Drain.

Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in 12" skillet over medium-high heat.  Add onions and cook 2 minutes.  Add broccoli and continue to cook, stirring, an additional 5 minutes.  Add SHRIMP, season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.  Cook, stirring, 3 to 5 minutes or until SHRIMP is no longer pink.

Stir in sweet and sour sauce and linguine, tossing with tongs so that ingredients are well blended.  Remove from heat and serve.

NEXT INGREDIENT.........CREAM CHEESE

Honored Contributor

This is one of my most requested Cheesecakes and one of the easiest I make.

Wegman's sells Mini Brownies (small muffin size) that I use.  Bust them up for the brownie chunks...so EASY!

(sorry about the glare on the pic...just wanted to show you all how pretty it is!)

Brownie Chunk Cheesecake

BROWNIE CHUNK CHEESECAKE.jpg

CRUST
31 creme-filled chocolate cookies, crushed
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted

FILLING
3 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened

1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
1 cup heavy whipping cream
4 eggs
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped brownies

TOPPING
8 oz. milk chocolate, chopped
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
2 oz. white chocolate, melted

1. Heat oven to 325ºF. In medium bowl, stir together all crust ingredients. Press into bottom and 1 inch up sides of 9-inch springform pan. Wrap pan with heavy-duty foil; freeze 30 minutes.

2. In large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla at medium speed until blended. Beat in sour cream and 1 cup cream. Add eggs one at a time, beating just until blended. Slowly beat in flour. Fold in brownies.

3. Place springform pan in large baking or broiler pan. Pour batter into crust (batter will come to within 1/4 inch of top edge). Add enough hot tap water to baking pan to come halfway up sides of springform pan. Bake 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes or until edges are puffed and top is dry to the touch. Center should move slightly when pan is tapped but should not ripple as if liquid.

4. Remove springform pan from baking pan; remove foil. Cool completely on wire rack. Refrigerate overnight.

5. Melt milk chocolate and 1/3 cup cream in medium saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Pour over top of cheesecake; let stand 10 minutes.

6. Pour white chocolate into small resealable plastic bag; snip off corner of bag. Drizzle chocolate over cheesecake. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Refrigerate leftovers.

12 servings

Next Ingredient:

Pecans

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pecan Streusel Pumpkin Pie
8 Servings

1 (9-inch) frozen deep-dish pie crust (unbaked)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 (30 oz.) can pumpkin pie mix
1 (5 oz.) can evaporated milk

Topping:

1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
2 Tbsp. shortening
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour

Combine the topping ingredients; set aside. Combine eggs and pumpkin pie mix in a large bowl. Add evaporated milk; mix thoroughly. Pour into pie crust. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350° and bake 15 minutes. Sprinkle topping over pie filling and bake an additional 30 to 35 minutes . Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Keep refrigerated.

Source:  margaretsmorsels.blogspot.com

Next Ingredient:  Yeast    Catsup

Regular Contributor

I changed the ingredient from yeast to catsup.  Bumping this up in hopes someone has a recipe to share.  Happy Thanksgiving from my kitchen to yours!

Honored Contributor

@Bluffbaker wrote:

I changed the ingredient from yeast to catsup.  Bumping this up in hopes someone has a recipe to share.  Happy Thanksgiving from my kitchen to yours!

@Bluffbaker I am so glad you bumped this up as it dawned on me last night I did have a recipe for ketchup from my good friend @straykatzso your timing is perfect!

Pressure Cooker Sweet and Sour Meatballs

This recipe uses frozen meatballs and you also add 1/2 cup of diced onion and small can of pineapple chunks.

Please know this is a very forgiving recipe so measurements can vary.  Mix the following together (you may include the diced onion and pineapple chunks listed above depending on your preferences) then pour over meat:

1/2 cup of white sugar
1/2 cup of ketchup
1/2 brown sugar
1 tablespoon of white vinegar
juice from the pineapple

You can add more sugar or less depending on how sweet or sour you want it.  

Throw the meatballs in pressure cooker, onion, pineapple and sauce - cooked for 20 minutes.  Delicious and easy!

Next Ingredient:  Garlic Powder
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone.....I want to wish all the good cooks out there a Happy Thanksgiving!  We will all feel like the picture mtc posted at beginning of this game.

Posting a recipe I may have gotten here but I am out of town and have few recipes with me.  This one has the requested ingredient so here you go......

Chicken Parmesan Crescents

8 chicken strips

1 can crescent rolls

8 slices of mozzarella cheese

1 24 oz. jar spaghetti sauce

1 Tablespoon butter, melted

1/4 teaspoon GARLIC POWDER

1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning

1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 375.  Cook chicken.  Separate crescent rolls into 8 triangles.  Place slice of mozzarella cheese (less if you want) on wide end of roll.  Warm spaghetti sauce; dip chicken in sauce and place on crescent roll.  Roll up and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Brush melted butter on top and sprinkle with GARLIC POWDER, Italian Seasoning and Parmesan Cheese.

Bake 15 minutes or until golden.

NEXT INGREDIENT.........BROWN SUGAR

Honored Contributor

BROWN SUGAR COOKIES - I always make these at the holidays.  So goooood!!!

Ingredients 

• 2 cups brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 2 large eggs

• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

• 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup confectioners' sugar
  • Prep 10 m
  • Cook 10 m

• Ready In 50 m

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Beat brown sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla extract together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
  3. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a separate bowl. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture until dough is fully combined.
  4. Pour confectioners' sugar onto a large plate. Spoon dough, 1 1/2 teaspoons per cookie, onto confectioners' sugar and roll to coat. Arrange coated dough on a baking sheet.
  5. Bake in the preheated oven until edges are lightly browned, 12 to 14 minutes. Cool cookies on baking pan for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

NEXT INGREDIENT - POMEGRANITE

Respected Contributor

@Sassy7356   These sound so good..  I've got 2 questions:

Is this a crispy cookie?

How many cookies does the recipe make?

Thanks,

Katie