Respected Contributor

Re: My Favorite 4 Bean Salad with an Italian Touch

@Carmie wrote:

@ciao_bella   Yes, I do make it that way too.

And, I often make warm potato salad that way with an oil and vinegar dressing without the beans.

@Carmie  Same!   Are you sure you're not related to me?  Lol

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella   I think we both have italian roots.  

Who knows? We could have an ancestor in common.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@ciao_bella   I think we both have italian roots.  

Who knows? We could have an ancestor in common.

@Carmie  Yes, strong Italian roots!   Seems like many of the Italian recipes we know from our childhood are alike.  Could be ancestors from the same regions in Italy.  It's possible!

Trusted Contributor

@ciao_bella  Your bean salad looks wonderful. I used to make it for my dad a lot in the summer time.

My grandma used to make beans and potato too. YUM! Sometimes she would use other of her garden veg like tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant. She called it ciambotta. We all did. I don't know if that was the correct name, but it's what I grew up knowing it as. It does resemble ratatouille though.

Nice memories of food from my youth.

Enjoy!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Queen of shop wrote:

@ciao_bella  Your bean salad looks wonderful. I used to make it for my dad a lot in the summer time.

My grandma used to make beans and potato too. YUM! Sometimes she would use other of her garden veg like tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant. She called it ciambotta. We all did. I don't know if that was the correct name, but it's what I grew up knowing it as. It does resemble ratatouille though.

Nice memories of food from my youth.

Enjoy!Smiley Happy

@Queen of shop  I never knew the name for it, but my mother made it too.  It was like a ratatouille of whatever vegetables were available from the garden or had to be used up before they went bad.  

Honored Contributor

@Carmie Add me to the list of people that do bean salad often.  We would cut the oil to 1/8 cup or less, and often add some hot sauce to the mix!

I love the tri-beans mixes (kidney, pinto or white beans, and black) in cans.  Whole Foods and Walmart have organic versions that are good.  

Honored Contributor

I my bean salad with chick peas and no string beans. When we lived in Brooklyn one diner we went to use to put chick pea salad on the table along with the cole slaw. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Thanks for posting this @ciao_bella ~ it looks amazing. I don't eat meat so this would be my main course. This will be perfect for Father's Day cookout by the pool. Happy weekend to you and yours.