Trusted Contributor

It is morel season I guess. I have never eaten one and don't care to. Anyone like these. Someone was selling them for $50 a pound yesterday and people were buying all he had. I don't get it. 

Trusted Contributor

I like them sauteed in butter.  Have not had them in years because they are hard to get in my area.  

Honored Contributor

I love morel mushroom, they are the best.  However, the last time I ate one I had a terrible allergic reaction and ended up in the ER.  So no more for me. Woman Sad

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

MorchellaMorel Mushroom - 1 Lb Container

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Never seen or heard of them.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

My husband goes morel mushroom hunting every year. Some years he finds a lot and others just a few.   I dredge them in flour and fry in butter with salt and pepper.   In our area there are also “false” morels (which are poisonous) so we have to really be careful to identify a true morel when mushroom hunting. 

Respected Contributor

They were a big, big deal for my family when my Grandpa was alive. He would go mushroom hunting & then freeze them.

The entire family would get together on Christmas morning breakfast & we always had the mushrooms (Like the OP said-dredged in flour & fried in butter.).

I would always eat just one to be part of the mushroom excitement.

Trusted Contributor

It might be a midwest country type delicacy.I had not heard of them until I moved out to the country. I assume we never had them in Kanas City anyway. LOL For $50 a pound I am sure I can think of other things I would rather eat. 

Valued Contributor

My dad and I would take gunny sacks, head for the Lamine River area, look for a field of Mayapples and knew there would be mushrooms close by. Or dead elm trees. There is nothing better on earth than those Morel Mushrooms. One time someone gave us a huge "mess" of them I rolled in egg and flour and froze them. Not like when they were first picked but still good in the dead of winter. Now, I just dream of them. I will not pay those prices and have no place to hunt them now, even if I could cover all the ground you need to.