Honored Contributor

My DH has been doing the shopping since I am not allowed far from home these days.

He bought something that resembled minutes steak, paper thin with no fat. On Wed I tried to bread them and make chicken friend steak and it was a disaster.

So tonight I stir fried onions and celery, added some teriyaki and added the steak and it was great

SInce I am not in the position to shop I have to be happy with what he brings home

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

My DH has been doing the shopping since I am not allowed far from home these days.

He bought something that resembled minutes steak, paper thin with no fat. On Wed I tried to bread them and make chicken friend steak and it was a disaster.

So tonight I stir fried onions and celery, added some teriyaki and added the steak and it was great

SInce I am not in the position to shop I have to be happy with what he brings home

As you should be.

Honored Contributor

He sounds like  gatherer/hunter.  Send him out to shoot some wild game.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Cube steak is round steak which has been tenderized.

You can brown it, and make a gravy from mushroom soup and raw onion cut in rings, add 3/4 can of water and some garlic.  Let it simmer on the stove top about 1 1/2 hrs.  The gravy will be good and you can use mashed potatoes and rice or just serve it on the meat with vegetables on the side.

I used to cook it in soy and a little wine with raw onion, DH wasn't fond of it.  Oh well!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

It tasted much better with the veggies and soy sauce 

@ECBG wrote:

Cube steak is round steak which has been tenderized.

You can brown it, and make a gravy from mushroom soup and raw onion cut in rings, add 3/4 can of water and some garlic.  Let it simmer on the stove top about 1 1/2 hrs.  The gravy will be good and you can use mashed potatoes and rice or just serve it on the meat with vegetables on the side.

I used to cook it in soy and a little wine with raw onion, DH wasn't fond of it.  Oh well!!!Smiley Happy

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

Huh why the comment, he is a city boy thru and thru and making the best of what could be a really horrible , no delivery in this area, Instacart is booked for weeks and weeks and no Walmart with in 50 miles

@Kachina624 wrote:

He sounds like  gatherer/hunter.  Send him out to shoot some wild game.

Respected Contributor

If it's paper thin, why not make cheesesteaks with it? Sauté some green pepper and onion strips in a little olive oil until they're softened, then set aside. Next, sauté the steak (about a quarter pound each) in a little olive oil or butter over medium-high heat, turning occasionally.  Once it's cooked through (the meat cooks really fast), place a couple of slices of provolone or American cheese over it and let it melt. Serve on a hoagie roll or a crusty Kaiser roll with the sautéed veggies. We also like to put ketchup on ours. You could also make pizza steaks by topping it with spaghetti/pizza sauce and shredded mozzarella. 

Honored Contributor

This type of steak is good for cheese steak hoagies, steak salads, or added to vegetable stir frys. 

Honored Contributor

Cube steak makes a good smothered steak, topped with mushrooms and onions.