Respected Contributor

Has anyone ever had this? Ordered it out and it was like eating candy. Found the recipe on Pinterest and made it myself. You need bacon, brown sugar and cayenne pepper. Preheat the oven to 400 and line a rimed baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup. Place a rack in the pan and bacon on the rack. Take the mixture of 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper and press it into the bacon. Bake for 15 mins and flip bacon over adding the brown sugar to that side of the bacon. Bake for 10 mins and enjoy.

Esteemed Contributor

@panda1234   Now you've done it!!!  lol  DD is headed to Wegmans shortly, adding bacon and cayenne to the list.  Already have brown sugar.

I love bacon although I try not to buy it often anymore.

Thanks for the recipe.

Esteemed Contributor

It sounds delicious.  That and some white chocolate peppermint bark, a glass of (well I can't decide between dry and sweet) champagne . . . bliss.

Then bread and more of the bubbly.  Maybe we just open both and have a toast.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

I buy it at Doc Watson's Smokehouse

they call it "Pig Candy"

It's yummy!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Million $$$$ bacon

[ Edited ]

I have never tried it. Always heard it called Candied Bacon.

We get some really good bacon at the meat market.

We tried chocolate covered bacon at Peterbrooke Chocolatier in Jax, Fl but did not like it.

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 

I make a form of that regularly.  I use thick bacon and put it in a 375 oven for 15 minutes.  Then I sprinkle brown sugar on it and a little chipolte chili powder.  You put fresh ground black pepper instead of chili powder.  I don't sprinkle the other side with brown sugar and I cook it until it is well done.

Respected Contributor

I make it around Christmas time, it's so addictive and good!  That's why I limit myself to making it once a year.Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@panda1234   Now you've done it!!!  lol  DD is headed to Wegmans shortly, adding bacon and cayenne to the list.  Already have brown sugar.

I love bacon although I try not to buy it often anymore.

Thanks for the recipe.

@CrazyKittyLvr2  If you have a restaurant called First Watch they have it on their menu, $4 for 4 slices!

Esteemed Contributor

I make something close to this but I found it easier to mix the brown sugar with the cayenne in a ziplock bag.  Then I add the bacon which I cut in half and shake.  This covers the bacon on both sides.  Then I take one of those Lil' Smokies and roll one half slice of bacon around it and place it seam side down on a baking rack that I have put in a baking sheet that has sides and is lined with foil for easier clean up. Bake as above or until bacon is desired crispness. Then i place them in a crock pot on the warm setting  - they make great appetizers for any gathering or holiday party.  You can also secure the bacon with a toothpick which makes easier serving for gatherings.

Esteemed Contributor

@panda1234   No we don't have one near us.  My first thought was darn, but it is probably a good thing, to convenient. It sounds addictive.

I am going to make it though.