Respected Contributor

Why on earth does this woman NOT have a cooking show of her own.  I happened to watch a few of her "Basics" shows and was very impressed with her knowledge and professionalism.  She'd be a breath of fresh air on QVC and Food Network.  I hope many of you feel the same!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Meredith Laurence

[ Edited ]

I think she is a lovely person and seems to know her products, but actually, I don't think she has the personality to be a show host.  There's nothing wrong with that, but I just don't think that would be a good fit for her althoughh she does a great job as a vendor. 

Honored Contributor

She's kind of quiet and laid back.   Dynamic personality and charisma are just as important as skill and knowledge.  Perhaps she prefers to let someone else do the emoting and happy dances. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

She did have a show at one point, The Blue Jean Chef.  I think it was one like one hour a week or maybe two at the most.  

Trusted Contributor

She did have some kind of spot, maybe not an entire show, but remember she had a segment called "The Blue Jean Chef" or something like that?  I barely remember what it was like or any details, but I remember the title.

I suppose it didn't attract that many viewers because I think it was short-lived.

I agree she's very pleasant and seems skilled....I enjoy her when she's on.

Super Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

She did have a show at one point, The Blue Jean Chef.  I think it was one like one hour a week or maybe two at the most.  

I remember her having her own show, too. It was on Thursday nights, wasn't it? It only lasted a month or so.

Honored Contributor

I like Meredith.  She explains things well.  I remember the blue jean chef show name, but none of the details.  I would guess that it didn't work out.

Esteemed Contributor

I remember The Blue Jean Chef show...and, yes, it was very short lived..I think...as one other poster said....she is too quiet and laid back to carry an entire show....alone...she needs an upbeat person..like David to help keep peoples interest...

She is very nice...and sure knows her way around a kitchen...

Regular Contributor

I enjoy watching her presentations.  She explains exactly what she is doing and has a pleasing voice.

Respected Contributor

She had said she had cooking classes in her kitchen a while back. I always thought that would be something fun to do - I like her, kinda laid back. And, her recipes she cooked up were pretty basic - not complicated and not fussy. Just some good food, good wine, and blue jeans - works for me!!!

-Texas Hill Country-