Honored Contributor

Re: Menu help, please.

[ Edited ]

@novamc1 wrote:

@ECBG 

The pasta salad I mentioned comes from Publix, one of the better stores we have around here in Georgia---and where I live now, we have PLENTY of grocers.  Choice is amazing.

By the way, I just looked up online  recipes for Caesar pasta salads and found many to choose from.

A future cooking project, maybe.

@novamc1 Thank you!  We happen to have a Publix!  I rarely have time to go there too but I'll definately go now!  My fav Caesar dressing comes from Red Lobster.  They'll sell you a pint.  Many thanks!

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@novamc1 wrote:

@ECBG 

The pasta salad I mentioned comes from Publix, one of the better stores we have around here in Georgia---and where I live now, we have PLENTY of grocers.  Choice is amazing.

By the way, I just looked up online  recipes for Caesar pasta salads and found many to choose from.

A future cooking project, maybe.

@novamc1 Thank you!  We happen to have a Publix!  I rarely have time to go there too but I'll definately go now!  My fav Caesar dressing comes from Red Lobster.  They'll sell you a pint.  Many thanks!

love Caesar salad, & used to get a great one at a local restaurant, but it's closed now. I haven't been to Red Lobster in awhile, but would love to pick up a pint of their dressing to try. Thanks for posting.

Respected Contributor

@house_cat   Bowties with a lemon butter sauce might be a possible side, or tricolor pasta or spinach noodles dressed with olive oil, garlic and butter.  Or, leaving pasta aside, you could have mashed potatoes with truffle oil.

No matter what you decide your guests are going to have a superb Saturday dinner.

Respected Contributor

How about Orzo pasta with basil and parmesan cheese?

2 tablespoons butter

1 cup uncooked orzo pasta

1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1/4 cup chopped fresh basil

salt and pepper to taste

2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil

1. Melt butter in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in orzo and saute until lightly browned.
  2. Stir in chicken stock and bring to boil. Cover. Reduce heat and simmer until orzo is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 15 - 20 minutes.
  3. Mix in Parmesan cheese and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to shallow bowl. Garnish with basil sprigs and serve 
Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

Thanks, everyone!

As often happens on the forum.. I ask for a suggestion and get so many good ones that it's even more difficult to decide!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Invite ME!