from "inspiredtaste.net"

8 ounces dry pasta

1 large ripe avocado

1 medium tomato, diced

1 green onion, finely sliced

1/4 teaspoon finely grated garlic

Juice from a quarter of a lemon

Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste

• Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook your pasta following the package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup of hot pasta water before draining the pasta.
  • While the pasta cooks, mash the avocado in a large bowl. Stir in garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
  • Add 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water to the avocado mixture and stir.
  • Add the cooked pasta, tomatoes, and green onion to the bowl. Toss everything together until the sauce evenly coats the pasta. Add a little more pasta water to thin out the sauce if needed.

Next recipe or ingredient begins with "B".

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat @Now that is a must try! Looks delicious-thank you for sharing. I love vegetarian dishes. 

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

@house_cat @Now that is a must try! Looks delicious-thank you for sharing. I love vegetarian dishes. 

I thought so, too. I've saved the recipe, but I have to wait until a night when DH is not home (never happens), or when I have something else to feed him, as he's not a fan of avocados.

Next recipe or ingredient begins with "B".

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

BOSTON CREAM PIE (CAKE)

Cake:

1 yellow cake mix (and ingredients called for on package)

FIlling:

1 cup cold milk

1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding

1 1/2 cups Cool Whip or homemade whipped cream

Chocolate Glaze (can be doubled for thicker layer):

1 (1 oz square) unsweetened baking chocolate, coarsely

chopped

1 tablespoon unsalted butter

3/4 cup powdered sugar

2 tablespoons milk

Preheat oven and prepare cake mix according to package directions.  Line two 9" round pans with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray (important so cake doesn't stick).  Bake cake according to directions until golden brown and center passes toothpick test.  Let cool and invert on wire rack to cool further.

Beat one cup of milk and pudding mix with a whisk or mixer for two minutes.  Gently fold in whipped cream.  Let stand 5 minutes.  Stack cake layers on serving plate spreading pudding mixture between layers.  

Microwave chocolate and butter on high for one minute.  Stir until chocolate is melted.  Add powdered sugar and two tablespoons of milk, mix well until smooth.  Spread over the top of the cake immediately letting drip down sides of cake.  Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.

(Note....recipe found online at the-girl-who-ate-everything.....very good and easy to make!)

NEXT .... RECIPE OR INGREDIENT USING LETTER C

Respected Contributor

@house_cat    That recipe sounds incredible!  This is definitely something I'd love!  Thanks for posting this.❤️

Respected Contributor

@walker   Oh my!  This Boston Cream pie cake sounds amazing too!  Another recipe I'm saving to file.  Thanks💝

Honored Contributor

Greek Chicken with Lemon and Feta

IMG_0065.jpeg
COURSE DINNER
PREP TIME 10MINUTES MINS
COOK TIME 15MINUTES MINS
TOTAL TIME 55MINUTES MINS
SERVINGS 4 PEOPLE
Perfectly seasoned Greek Chicken with lemon, garlic, fresh herbs, and feta. You are going to love how easy it is to make.

INGREDIENTS

• 1 lemon juiced and zested
  • ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 3 garlic cloves finely minced, or 1 tsp dried garlic powder
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • ½ tsp smoked paprika
  • ½ tsp + a pinch of sea salt
  • ¼ tsp coarse black pepper
  • 1 pound of thin-sliced chicken breast

GARNISH:

• ¼ cup feta cheese
  • ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
  • Additional wedges of lemon

INSTRUCTIONS

MAKE MARINADE AND MARINATE:

• In a large mixing bowl, add the lemon zest and juice, olive oil, garlic, and all of the spices. Give a mix until well combined and emulsified. Set aside ¼ cup of the marinade for later. 
  • Then, add the chicken to the remaining marinade. Toss with tongs to ensure each cutlet is fully coated. Cover with saran wrap and place into the fridge for thirty minutes. 

COOK CHICKEN:

• When ready, heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Once heated, drizzle in olive oil and place the chicken into the pan. Sear until the bottom is nicely golden brown. Once achieved, flip the chicken and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until white in the middle and juices run clear once cut into it. 

TO FINISH:

• Finally, transfer the chicken to a serving plate. Drizzle the remaining marinade over the chicken. Sprinkle the top with fresh chopped parsley and feta cheese. 
  • Serve and enjoy. 

Next recipe has a D ingredient 

Honored Contributor

Granted, this is not a recipe, but I wanted to share.

I suppose you could use any deviled egg recipe to create it.

Deviled Egg Tulips

Screen Shot 2024-03-15 at 10.00.44 AM.png

Next recipe or ingredient begins with E.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat .... I just saw Tara of Temptations show this same thing on ITKWD.  Great idea....doubt mine would look as pretty....ha!

☘️☘️☘️HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY TO ALL! ☘️☘️☘️

NEXT ..... LETTER E 

Honored Contributor

Re: MARCH 2024 RECIPE GAME

[ Edited ]

@house_cat 

So adorable! Would be so pretty on an Easter table

Ham and Green Eggs Recipe (Dye-Free)

IMG_0071.jpeg
Green eggs and ham, just like in the Dr. Seuss book! Instead of dying the eggs with food coloring, we're using spinach to get that bright green color. It tastes delicious and is so fun for the kids! It's perfect for St. Patrick's Day too!

Prep Time5minutes mins
Cook Time5minutes mins
Total Time10minutes mins

Course: Breakfast
Cuisine: American
Servings: 1 Serving
Calories: 259kcal
Author: The Food Charlatan

Ingredients

• 4 eggs
  • 2 cups baby spinach lightly packed
  • salt and pepper plenty
  • butter for frying
  • 4 slices Black forest ham

Instructions

• Add the eggs and spinach to a blender.
  • Blend on high for about a minute, then scrape down the sides and add a bunch of salt and pepper. Pulse for another minute or so, until the spinach is fully blended.
  • Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. When the butter is hot, pour in the egg mixture.
  • Let it sit for a minute or so until it starts to set, then use a spatula to gently stir it.
  • Remove from heat when the eggs have just barely set.
  • In the same pan (or in a separate one while you cook the eggs) heat the ham until it browns slightly.
  • Serve immediately.

Notes

I used baby spinach for this recipe, but regular spinach will work just fine too. You can also use kale.

Source: adapted from Elana's Pantry

Nutrition

Serving: 1serving | Calories: 259kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 388mg | Sodium: 1333mg | Potassium: 776mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 6101IU | Vitamin C: 17mg| Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 5mg

Next recipe as an F somewhere!