Valued Contributor

I am looking for 2 recipes from Heinemenns bakery. One is their famous Pistachio Cake and the other was their Bittersweet Torte. these were my husbands favorites. His birthday is coming up. I would love to surprise him with these two cakes. I have looked every where but no luck. You ladies are my last hope. Thanks.

Occasional Contributor

@hovis wrote:

I am looking for 2 recipes from Heinemenns bakery. One is their famous Pistachio Cake and the other was their Bittersweet Torte. these were my husbands favorites. His birthday is coming up. I would love to surprise him with these two cakes. I have looked every where but no luck. You ladies are my last hope. Thanks.

I googled the company online and they have the recipe for the Pistachio cake there.  Hope this helps!

Respected Contributor

Wait!!!! Are you the lilmissy from years ago?

Valued Contributor

No I am not. 

Occasional Contributor

Yes, I am!  I haven't checked out the forum in a long time.  Was hoping you were still on here, Tiny 2!

Respected Contributor

@lilmissy wrote:

Yes, I am!  I haven't checked out the forum in a long time.  Was hoping you were still on here, Tiny 2!

Reaching through cyber space and giving you a big hugWoman Very Happy. I am so glad to see you here. How have you been? So much has happened since you were here.

Occasional Contributor

Tiny 2, I don't know why I don't check it more, but I will now.  I am retired and home 24/7 with hubby who has later stage Alz.  Enjoying cooking and baking still, but just the two of us to eat it!  Hope you are well!

Respected Contributor

Lilmissy, I am so sorry I am so delayed responding to you. My mom has been so sick with pneumonia and we thought we were going to lose her a couple of times in the past 3 weeks but finally she started to improve. She has dementia but still always knows us and we see her everyday. Since this illness she has not known us. She has been clinging to her photographs of all of us, her grandchildren and great grand children. She dropped some of her pictures, bent over to pick them up and fell hitting her head. There is no major head injury. Thank goodness. She is 96 and will be 97 July 4th.

I remember when you told us here about your husband and I have thought of you all so often. It is so heartbreaking and such a helpless feeling to watch when someone you have loved for so long slips away right before your eyes. My mother has lived such a long and full life however to me it seems such a cruel fate.

My husband has also been quite ill. After a check up with his MD. he had something show up that indicated that he would need a stint. We went in for the cardiac cath and stint placement expecting to go home the next morning however when they got in there he was much worse. He is a real health nut and exercises daily, eats right etc. so it was such a shock. He had several blockages and his LAD was not just blocked but the entire artery was blocked and there was no way to bypass it so they had to find another way. My years as a cardidothoracic critical care nurse did not help at all. I knew he was very high risk and I asked that one of the surgeons I had worked with for so many years be called to be on the team. The next morning there was a knock on the door and he walked in, gave me a hug. DH did survive but it was very hard post op and he was in the hospital over a month. I will finish later. The RA still makes the typing slow.